Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF driver seat base CLICKING

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
if anyone is interested.
Here is one of the fixes I had done recently.
any chance of a clearer pic of them mate? I can't make out much of the info at all. thanks

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
any chance of a clearer pic of them mate? I can't make out much of the info at all. thanks

they look pretty clear if you open the pic, then hit the small arrow up on the right of the pic. It right next to the 'X'

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
if anyone is interested.
Here is one of the fixes I had done recently.
Went and ordered the part today.
Fitted it myself in 5 mins, no more clicky clicky.
Yes it should be a warranty job but it usually takes 2 visits to get somrthing fixed at the local dealership. For $7.50 it was worth not having to go in twice and I know that it wasn't fitted by some greasy apprentice with no idea.

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Yes it should be a warranty job but it usually takes 2 visits to get somrthing fixed at the local dealership. For $7.50 it was worth not having to go in twice and I know that it wasn't fitted by some greasy apprentice with no idea.
I think I will do this, as I had this complaint during warranty and the seat base was replaced which the bulitin clearly says doesn't need done and they always manage to to mess something up. EG the Power control panel on the side wasn't fixed to the seat when I got it back.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
I think I will do this, as I had this complaint during warranty and the seat base was replaced which the bulitin clearly says doesn't need done and they always manage to to mess something up. EG the Power control panel on the side wasn't fixed to the seat when I got it back.
To be honest I ain't complaining if they replace the seat base - new seat base!! :p

Thanks for the tip. I called up my local dealer for a quote and will be getting some ($5.80 each, arriving Tuesday). I have a slight click in my Calais driver seat that is apparent on uneven road surfaces as well. However I am sure that by the time I get that diagnosed through a test drive by my dealer (after the service), then needing to return to them for the fitment a second time, the petrol cost means I'm better off doing it myself.

I have ordered 4 as the Calais and Director have the 8 way adjustment on both the driver and passengers seats. However going off people's posts here, it seems to be the driver's seat only. Is anyone's passenger seat affected too?
I'm going to assume the stuff underneath to fit that clip is symmetrical between the passenger and driver seats .

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ my driver seat clicks when getting in and out as does occasionally my passenger seat. Dealer fixed drivers seat but said passenger seat (which still occasionally clicks) was no fault found o_O

Not sure what was done or whether it’s the same issue as that addressed by the new clips but drivers seat is ok now :cool:

Last edited:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
To be honest I ain't complaining if they replace the seat base - new seat base!! :p

Thanks for the tip. I called up my local dealer for a quote and will be getting some ($5.80 each, arriving Tuesday). I have a slight click in my Calais driver seat that is apparent on uneven road surfaces as well. However I am sure that by the time I get that diagnosed through a test drive by my dealer (after the service), then needing to return to them for the fitment a second time, the petrol cost means I'm better off doing it myself.

I have ordered 4 as the Calais and Director have the 8 way adjustment on both the driver and passengers seats. However going off people's posts here, it seems to be the driver's seat only. Is anyone's passenger seat affected too?
I'm going to assume the stuff underneath to fit that clip is symmetrical between the passenger and driver seats .
Why 4? You only need 1 per seat if it the pkastic piece.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
^ my driver seat clicks when getting in and out as does occasionally my passenger seat. Dealer fixed drivers seat but said passenger seat (which still occasionally clicks) was no fault found o_O

Not sure what was done or whether it’s the same issue as that addressed by the new clips but drivers seat is ok now :cool:

That's good to know, thanks!

Why 4? You only need 1 per seat if it the pkastic piece.

Skylarking helped confirm above that the passenger seat is affected too. So I need 2 in the Calais, 2 in the Director! :cool:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... Skylarking helped confirm above that the passenger seat is affected too. So I need 2 in the Calais, 2 in the Director! :cool:
Hm, I was under the impression there were a couple of issues with the seat that needed addressing so assume the clip doesn’t fix them all. But maybe I’m miss remembering o_O

In any case, from the pics that @Murdoch posted earlier, the clip does not look symmetrical so there must be one part # for drivers seat and a different part # for passenger seat. So it may be buying 4 of the same may not allow you to fix the 2 passenger seats :eek:... Doh, disregard the babble as you just flip the clip appropriately for whichever seat you want to fix... very late night so haven’t built up full steam yet :oops:

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
I had clicks and rattles in my VZ seat, as did the passenger seat! But not the seat proper. Lose change rattling between the hump and the seat rail. This can really, really grate on long drives. Worse still is trying to get the coins without them submarining under the rail and only making it worse!!