Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF driver seat base CLICKING

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Went and ordered the part today.
Fitted it myself in 5 mins, no more clicky clicky.
Yes it should be a warranty job but it usually takes 2 visits to get somrthing fixed at the local dealership. For $7.50 it was worth not having to go in twice and I know that it wasn't fitted by some greasy apprentice with no idea.

I was going to myself if the dealer said I had to wait too long to get it in.
But they did it the same times as my service so did not bother.
It would be very easy to do.
Just need a zip tie and away you go.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
I was going to myself if the dealer said I had to wait too long to get it in.
But they did it the same times as my service so did not bother.
It would be very easy to do.
Just need a zip tie and away you go.
I don't get my car serviced at Holden
And yes it was very easy to do.

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
I don't get my car serviced at Holden
And yes it was very easy to do.

I couldnt open the pics so I took my car in yesterday. They claim to have added the shims/spacer and retainers? didnt click on the way home but I'm not holding my breathe. they dont do much unless you persist. tight wad pricks. they are trying to tell me it;s normal for a brand new EFI car to run rough for a short period on cold start. funny considering my old clunker 5L v8's all run perfectly on cold start with 300,000 under their belts. total toss bags

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Speaking of my stock ls3 with catback runs somewhat lumpy on cold starts. Love it, could only imagine a cam

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
had the spacer and retainer installed a few days ago, so far so good

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
had the spacer and retainer installed a few days ago, so far so good
whats the spacer look like and where does it go? Assume it’s not the clip in the doc pic @Murdoch posted earlier.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
whats the spacer look like and where does it go? Assume it’s not the clip in the doc pic @Murdoch posted earlier.
I don't think there is a spacer even though some have referred to one. Pretty sure clip/cable tie/spacer is all the same thing/fix.
Bulletin mentions nothing about a spacer. Unless there is another bulletin

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't think there is a spacer even though some have referred to one. Pretty sure clip/cable tie/spacer is all the same thing/fix.
Bulletin mentions nothing about a spacer. Unless there is another bulletin
Yeah, I have a sneaking suspicion that there is more than one bulletin re noisy seats. I suspect the spacer may be to better hold the front part of the seat rail into the floor since only the rear part is bolted down. But such a spacer hasn’t been definitely confirmed via someone posting a service bulletins that describes such, which is why I asked :rolleyes:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Yeah, I have a sneaking suspicion that there is more than one bulletin re noisy seats. I suspect the spacer may be to better hold the front part of the seat rail into the floor since only the rear part is bolted down. But such a spacer hasn’t been definitely confirmed via someone posting a service bulletins that describes such, which is why I asked :rolleyes:
I don't think its the mount issue instead its to do with the seat moving inbetween the scissor type lift of the frame and seat. My Redline seat had the shim fix but it wasn't enough and had a new seat base. My original VF Calais V had the plastic brackets fitted but that didn't last long. I have a bracket at home and probably should put that on the redline to actually stop movement before it happens now with the new seat base.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
@Anthony121, you seem to be conforming there are multiple issues that can cause creaks, clicks or movement with the seats in out VF’s.

Sadly I’ve only seen the one service bulletin in this thread though I have a vague recollection one was also posted on another thread.