Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf drl

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Unplug them or turn your headlights/parkers on manually.

Batman13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Storm
VF DRL's

Unplug them or turn your headlights/parkers on manually.

Thanks for that. But see the problem is that I have times when I don't want to stick out because of these LED lights on the front of my vehicle, or any other lights for that matter. I also want the car running when I'm stationary at times, which means all these damn lights are on. I would still like to be able to use the DRL's sometimes, in the interests of safety and therefore I don't want to disconnect them.

I have removed the front parking globes, so when I switch on the parkers the DRL's turn off and therefore I am not as noticeable at the front of the car, but of course the rear parkers stay on and this is not suitable for what I am trying to achieve. I have spoken to a couple of Auto Electricians about installing a switch/relay for the DRL's but they are all running scared because they think they will blow up the computer, or cause problems with other electricals.

Therefore I suppose what I was looking for was either a quick fix, or some opinions from the more technical minded members, about the idea of installing such a switch/relay, whatever. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We44pn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Take the Parker light globes off and just turn Parkers off and on I guess. Easy quick fix lol

Plonker

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV Redline Ute & 2016 SSV Redline Sedan
It is very hard to stalk people with those pesky drls. I would suggest trading the Commy in one of these.
creepy-van.jpg

FURLZY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII Redline Sportswagon
There is away to activate "Police mode" kills all lights, exterior and interior. google may be able to help you.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
May pay for you to check with Traffic Authorities in YOUR State regarding the legalities of removing or disabling. It is my understanding that any light etc fitted to a vehicle at time of manufacture MUST be in operating condition at ALL times. e.g. f one headlight doesn't work, one tail or brake light etc then vehicle may be deemed as unroadworthy and defected accordingly.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
May pay for you to check with Traffic Authorities in YOUR State regarding the legalities of removing or disabling. It is my understanding that any light etc fitted to a vehicle at time of manufacture MUST be in operating condition at ALL times. e.g. f one headlight doesn't work, one tail or brake light etc then vehicle may be deemed as unroadworthy and defected accordingly.

pity the police don't book all those I see with one brake or tail light, eg left and centre mount working but not the right one, same as the front one headlight but because they run the fogs they don't see it not working