Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF electrical wiring

ofey

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF-I SSV Redline UTE
Don't know if I should post this in the VF or the electrical section, but thought I'd try here first.

I'm looking for some help to wire up some LEDs, so have some questions.

a. Is there a "hole" the firewall can I smuggle some wiring from the engine bay into the cabin?
b. Is there a wire or fuse I can tap which is connected to the dome light circuit (short of me running a wire from the dome light down to the footwell)?
c. Is there a wire or fuse I can tap which is "ON" when the head lamps are on (trigger for LEDs to come on only when at night)?

Thanks for any help forthcoming.

VFSV6LPG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 LPG wagon
Don't know if I should post this in the VF or the electrical section, but thought I'd try here first.

I'm looking for some help to wire up some LEDs, so have some questions.

a. Is there a "hole" the firewall can I smuggle some wiring from the engine bay into the cabin?
b. Is there a wire or fuse I can tap which is connected to the dome light circuit (short of me running a wire from the dome light down to the footwell)?
c. Is there a wire or fuse I can tap which is "ON" when the head lamps are on (trigger for LEDs to come on only when at night)?

Thanks for any help forthcoming.

VFSV6LPG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 LPG wagon
I'm trying to do the same, did you have any luck?

VFcomm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF sedan 2015
Did you have any luck with working out how to run a cable from inside the car to under the bonnet? I want to install a cb aerial on the front of the car.

VFcomm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF sedan 2015
Did you have any luck with working out how to run a cable from inside the car to under the bonnet? I want to install a cb aerial on the front of the car.
I just did one yesterday. I removed the panels to access the wiring loom that feeds the door. I pulled the rubber boot off and picked a hole through that. Your cable can then be fed through the guard to under the bonnet. The coax just fitted above the existing wiring loom but I had to just cut a bit of the rubber boot plastic holder to allow it to fit back in position with the coax about it.