Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF electronic control module locked

DaveCharles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
My battery died , stereo and vehicle settings etc "locked" reverse cam works, front proximity signal working and thats all i got. Helpers out there?? or does it have to go to dealer?
Also will this cause damage internally if not fixed pronto?

Henry19720

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 MY15 Man Sedan, MY17 SSVR Man Sedan
My battery died , stereo and vehicle settings etc "locked" reverse cam works, front proximity signal working and thats all i got. Helpers out there?? or does it have to go to dealer?
Also will this cause damage internally if not fixed pronto?
So the mylink display says “locked”?
If so I would think the radio won’t work but air con will. Any vehicle settings most probably be as they were previously set or went back to default.
Adjust the aircon and see if you can feel the changes in temp / flow etc. I would think the display is only relaying a visual as the signal would be sent from the hvac controls via the canbus to the hvac controller.
But a visit to the dealer will be needed to unlock the radio.

DaveCharles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
Yes mylink says locked. Aircon good. Radio out. Actually have not tried a hands free call, yeah the dealership i bought it off said to go to a dealer in my town. Ta for reply. Was hoping for a freebie diy job :)

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
its probably a fault with the mylink as it should unlock when it reads your vehicles vin from the canbus.
normally the mylink will "lock" when it reads a vin that does not match the vin stored in the mylinks eeprom so the eeprom data in your mylink may have been wiped/damaged which means its something you will have to get the dealer to sort out.

you could try disconnect the battery for say 10 minutes then connect it and start the vehicle straight away and see if it causes the mylink to read the vin again but if it is a corrupted eeprom that wont do anything as the mylink will have no vin to match the vehicles vin to.

it wont cause any damage "internally" because the mylink is just a display/device that drives you insane beeping.

DaveCharles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
its probably a fault with the mylink as it should unlock when it reads your vehicles vin from the canbus.
normally the mylink will "lock" when it reads a vin that does not match the vin stored in the mylinks eeprom so the eeprom data in your mylink may have been wiped/damaged which means its something you will have to get the dealer to sort out.

you could try disconnect the battery for say 10 minutes then connect it and start the vehicle straight away and see if it causes the mylink to read the vin again but if it is a corrupted eeprom that wont do anything as the mylink will have no vin to match the vehicles vin to.

it wont cause any damage "internally" because the mylink is just a display/device that drives you insane beeping.
Yes!! That worked.!! Thanks a tonne mate

a320810

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Ute
Yes!! That worked.!! Thanks a tonne mate
I just had the same problem after having engine modifications done and used your advice to correct the issue. Appreciated finding this thread. Followed the advice and MYLINK no works like a treat. Thank you.