Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF engine change.

1mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi, this is probably a bit crazy but I’m wondering what would be involved in putting an LS3 into my 2013 SV6. You see, my SV6 is in great nick and the cost of V8s is a it crazy now, so I want to cost up a conversion. Plus, I reckon it would be a grouse project. So, I’d appreciate any input as to what I’d need to change besides the obvious - motor, transmission, exhaust, brakes.
For example, would I need to consider the rest of the drivetrain - diff, axles, prop shaft. Electricals?
Any input especially regarding hidden traps would be appreciated.
Rgds, Mark.

LyLy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 sv6 ute
Better to sell your vf and the money for a conversion together and just go and buy a SS. More cheaper less headaches and back on the road quicker

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Yep hardest bit would be getting the car to talk to the engine. Unlike the old days before complicated engine management.

Given the expense of finding a donor set of parts, and the many hours to get it working, the difference in purchase price is probably less.

If V8s have gone up maybe the SV6 has too, you might get more than you expect?