Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Evoke Cat Back

Pigg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore v6 Sportwagon
Hey guys just after some advice.
I have a 2014 Evoke sports wagon. I fitted a VCM intake on it and was going to put a dual outlet exhaust on it I took it to my trusted local muffler guy (who also installed the OTR for me) he was just going to cut the stock exhaust and then install duel pipes but he basically wouldn’t do it saying it’s hard to do and will sound **** so I took his advice left it
Wondering if there’s another way other then just buying a full cat back system?
And what you think the performance gain will be with just the OTR and leaving the exhaust.
Cheers

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
you will get no "performance" gain with an otr by its self and none if you did the exhaust as well.
on a dyno sheet you might see a kw or 2 rise but really you will not get anything noticeable driving apart from a "placebo effect".

Pigg

Reaction score
Members Ride
you will get no "performance" gain with an otr by its self and none if you did the exhaust as well.
on a dyno sheet you might see a kw or 2 rise but really you will not get anything noticeable driving apart from a "placebo effect".
I’ve seen other cars the same as mine with these mods and then a tune and made an extra 15kw on paper
But I’m not really worried about the Kw’s made it’s my everyday drive and looking for a nice looking car with good economy

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I’ve seen other cars the same as mine with these mods and then a tune and made an extra 15kw on paper
But I’m not really worried about the Kw’s made it’s my everyday drive and looking for a nice looking car with good economy

that is a lot of money and effort for 15kw, the evoke looks nice enough and drives fine with decent economy.
i had an evoke for a while to go to and from work(50km each way) and it was pretty good stock standard but if you want to spend the cash on a tune, otr and exhaust it will take a while for any economy gains to offset the money spent on those mods.

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Go to a wrecker and buy the dual system, make sure you get the mount for the drivers side and the hanger bracket under the diff also

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You will need this.

P1040110-510x510.jpg

Ryan Licastro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE-SS S2
Hey guys just after some advice.
I have a 2014 Evoke sports wagon. I fitted a VCM intake on it and was going to put a dual outlet exhaust on it I took it to my trusted local muffler guy (who also installed the OTR for me) he was just going to cut the stock exhaust and then install duel pipes but he basically wouldn’t do it saying it’s hard to do and will sound **** so I took his advice left it
Wondering if there’s another way other then just buying a full cat back system?
And what you think the performance gain will be with just the OTR and leaving the exhaust.
Cheers

Have you had it tuned??

Pigg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update. I took it back for the muffler man and have decided not to cat back it for the time being but the guy put a new muffler and tip on and and made it sound abit better
Getting it tuned tomorrow. Will post up the dyno sheet results for anyone interested when I get it back
Cheers guys