Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Evoke Exhaust

Revs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke
I'm looking to change the stock muffler on my 2015 Evoke but not looking for a cat-back system so was wondering if anyone knew the size of the stock system.

thanks

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I believe it's 2 1/4". Haven't looked at one in a couple of years so I could be wrong.

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
I believe it's 2 1/4". Haven't looked at one in a couple of years so I could be wrong.

That is correct. 2.25"

I'd suggest either a Non-AFM SS muffler or a HSV Bimodal muffler if you don't want the drone to blow your eardrums out.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
That is correct. 2.25"

I'd suggest either a Non-AFM SS muffler or a HSV Bimodal muffler if you don't want the drone to blow your eardrums out.

The Evoke is a single outlet, the twin rear mufflers don't fit. I'm not aware of anyone doing a "performance" system for the Evoke, it will have to be custom.

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
The Evoke is a single outlet, the twin rear mufflers don't fit. I'm not aware of anyone doing a "performance" system for the Evoke, it will have to be custom.

Could you not just use a single muffler? I mean, you'll end up having a ldf

You could just buy a single muffler. I mean, unless OP wants it to drone like mad.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Could you not just use a single muffler? I mean, you'll end up having a ldf

You could just buy a single muffler. I mean, unless OP wants it to drone like mad.

You could, but there is a lot of work to make it fit as it's a different shape. Probably why old mate at the exhaust shop didn't want to do it.

Revs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke
You could, but there is a lot of work to make it fit as it's a different shape. Probably why old mate at the exhaust shop didn't want to do it.
Yeah just looking for a good note nothing performance wise. Any Recommendations?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Yeah just looking for a good note nothing performance wise. Any Recommendations?

Anything with a large body, will cut down the drone and produce a deeper note.

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Yep. Loudness is controlled by two things. The diameter of the pipes and the type of baffling in your mufflers. The tone of your pipes are usually changed by the position of things like resonators and crosses within your pipes.

This is why there's almost always some form of resonator in aftermarket exhausts, to combat the raspiness associated with straight pipes.