Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Evoke sports wagon tail gate lock.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Well mate, i hate to disagree with that lot but i politely suggest that if one has a flat battery this usually is the reason for the problem.
As we VF wagon owners know the battery is shoved deep into the rear cargo area and is a royal pain in the Ass to access when the battery goes out.

Once one gets the tail gate released replacing the battery is easy once ya done it a few times.

A few times? My VZ battery lasted from 2008 to May 2019 (!). The present, VF beast has a battery dated from February 2017 so still got life in it yet. Not for me to replace it -- too heavy and requires more than just unhooking the terminals; RACV Batteries will do it all for me! :D

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Yer, fortunatly im not that old that i can't replace it myself but my R.A.C guy is on speed dial.
The few times i refered to was when i was pulling the battery out twice a year to place it on trickle charge.
Soon got Jack of that and installed an exterior power point for the trickle charger.
Job done all good innit.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yer, fortunatly im not that old that i can't replace it myself but my R.A.C guy is on speed dial.
The few times i refered to was when i was pulling the battery out twice a year to place it on trickle charge.
Soon got Jack of that and installed an exterior power point for the trickle charger.
Job done all good innit.

The cars have battery points under the hood (for jump starting/tickle-trickling). No need to go fishin' around the back for the battery.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride

Speed dial. Right. What if...worst-case scenario: car battery flat and phone battery is flat. Then what...? :confused:

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
^

Jesus mate,
You're dyslexic aint cha. :)

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
^

Jesus mate,
You're dyslexic aint cha. :)

Better than neurosis over the (perceived) horror of a tailgate not opening or closing...

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Just a follow up to this thread. The old saying goes like this. " If it aint broken don't fix it. "

Well, i tried to fix it when it wasn't broken and broke it. Less said about that the better. Ha Ha.

So it was off to the Holden dealer to replace the tail gate lock that wasn't broken that i broke.

Very good news was that supply and fit the new tail gate lock was sub $ 300.

No biggy, all good innit.