Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Exhaust Sound

hsvluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V8 Calais
i am just about to pick up a 2014 VF SSV Redline. It has the walkinshaw exhaust already fitted. I'm not happy with the sound as I heard a W310 kitted Redline prior to seeing this one and it sounded amazing.

My question is, should I take it to walkinshaw and pay their huge premium to finish the Job ie OTR, Extractors n tune, or will any reputable exhaust place make it sound better by adding those themselves at a far more reasonable price?

Cheers

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
You need to take your car to a reputable tuner if you want it tuned, they can arrange the OTR and headers for you.

NewbC4KE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV M6 & Monaco M4 125cc 2 Stroke Go Kart
i am just about to pick up a 2014 VF SSV Redline. It has the walkinshaw exhaust already fitted. I'm not happy with the sound as I heard a W310 kitted Redline prior to seeing this one and it sounded amazing.

My question is, should I take it to walkinshaw and pay their huge premium to finish the Job ie OTR, Extractors n tune, or will any reputable exhaust place make it sound better by adding those themselves at a far more reasonable price?

Cheers

Just would to confirm what your saying - the vehicle you purchased ONLY has the Walkinshaw cat back exhaust fitted ?

you may or may not know that the Walkinshaw exhaust system is a re-badged Di Filippo system http://dpe.net.au/index.php?route=product/category&path=44_45

I would not recommend paying the premium for headers, tune & OTR by Walkinshaw.

The Perth members of this forum could shed some light as to what performance / exhaust shops to use.

Surely "Not an Abba Fan"(forum member) will give you a price / recommendation on the products he deals with.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
The 310 has the headers and some sort of cai weather it be the side box or otr?
If you in Melbourne, go to c & a autofashion and have them to a tune on otr ($1200) if it doesnt have one already!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Just would to confirm what your saying - the vehicle you purchased ONLY has the Walkinshaw cat back exhaust fitted ?

you may or may not know that the Walkinshaw exhaust system is a re-badged Di Filippo system http://dpe.net.au/index.php?route=product/category&path=44_45

I would not recommend paying the premium for headers, tune & OTR by Walkinshaw.

The Perth members of this forum could shed some light as to what performance / exhaust shops to use.

Surely "Not an Abba Fan"(forum member) will give you a price / recommendation on the products he deals with.

Already spoken to him and quoted for him to come down to me and fit 4-1's and cats. I know it will be cheaper than Walkinshaw.

NewbC4KE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV M6 & Monaco M4 125cc 2 Stroke Go Kart
Already spoken to him and quoted for him to come down to me and fit 4-1's and cats. I know it will be cheaper than Walkinshaw.

Would some kind of modification be required to fit your system to existing catback exhaust if indeed thats what the OP has? No confirmation yet of what he actually has.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
you may be cheaper but with you he will miss out on a rear decklid badging, engine bay identification:rolleyes: there's 100 kw's gone right there

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Difilippo headers and cats will cost you around 1700, as i said above, if its got the w310 pack, its got the dpe headers and cats?
All youll need if you dont have a otr is that and a tune?