Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF exhaust

Davo_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 sv6
Probably been asked on here before but I couldn't find it. So, wondering if i can fit a VF SSV cat back to an sv6?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Probably been asked on here before but I couldn't find it. So, wondering if i can fit a VF SSV cat back to an sv6?
Still sounds like a V6 doesn't matter what you do. Trust me I tried it and went back to a Stock and used SS AFM rear mufflers. Dont use NON AFM Mufflers because of DRONE issue.

Davo_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 sv6
Still sounds like a V6 doesn't matter what you do. Trust me I tried it and went back to a Stock and used SS AFM rear mufflers. Dont use NON AFM Mufflers because of DRONE issue.
I have just fitted SS mufflers and they sound ok, dont get me wrong, I know full well its not going to sound like a v8. I prefer the look of the quad pipes, mainly. I haven't heard drone, how do I know if they're AFM mufflers?

Davo_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 sv6
I have just fitted SS mufflers and they sound ok, dont get me wrong, I know full well its not going to sound like a v8. I prefer the look of the quad pipes, mainly. I haven't heard drone, how do I know if they're AFM mufflers?
Just read up. Single pipe from the can, to a Y-pipe to twins. That's what i have.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
For the 2015 SV6 I used SS AFM Mufflers and the car had a good deep note. I started with 4 Mufflers from the VE series, two AFM and 2 Non AFM both with flanges and the only way to pick then is.
AFM Mufflers you have ONE pipe exiting the mufflers on the rear then it goes to a "Y" piece than two CHROME exits (looks good)
NON AFM Mufflers you have TWO Pipes exiting the mufflers (looks Good) and these two pipes go into two Chrome Exits (looks the same as above) but the drone OOOOH No the drone will send you to drink. Put it this way I have sensitive ears some might not bother about it.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
wish i knew people bought old SS systems, i told my installer to put it in the skip.

it's a crap system.