Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF FE1.5 vs FE3 Suspension

nitroxr6ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Hi,

Has anyone given the Redline auto ute a good drive? I've driven the new Calais V V8 as it was the only car the dealer had in stock that was close to the Redline for comparison, however it did have the FE1.5 suspension the ride was certainly nice and comfortable, but how much firmer is the FE3 in the ute aswell as compared to the sedan version? Im weighing up whether to buy the sedan or ute.

Thanks.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
I compared the FE3 redline suspension to that in the SS (FE2) and although still liveable, I found the FE3 to harsh on the roads in my town. It's certainly compliant but just to harsh for me personally. The FE2 was a good balance between comfort and handling.

cfour

Reaction score
Members Ride
Coming Soon
I'd suggest finding a dealership with both in stock and give it a test. This was a concern for me as well when opting for the Redline, tried 1.5 (Calias), 2 (SSV) and 3 (Redline) and overall it wasn't too harsh for my personal preference, the 1.5 was a not to my liking at all. I have to say the FE3 is excellent at highway speeds when it comes to cornering.

Freestyla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redoine
I've got the Redline and it's by far the best suspension of any car I've ever driven. I test drove the SV6 a couple of months before the Redline which was a nice comfortable ride, however for a car this size, the suspension and performance is perfect.

On the weekends, it's used as a family car and it's comfort has never been in question for short or long highway drives. Can't fault it at all, I don't feel any harshness but perhaps this comes from previous cars driven and for me, that's an old Fairmont AU2 and a BF XR6 Turbo. The Redline suspension is in front by a long shot for comfort and cornering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nitroxr6ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Test drove the Redline yesterday, ride quality was definitely firmer than the FE1.5 but more thank ok for day to day driving.

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
I've got the Redline ute and I find the suspension too soft and wobbly now I have done a few kms.