Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf front parking sensors

Wayne001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
Hi all i have a 2013 vf v calais and the front parking sensors seem to be a bit hit and miss , some days it will warn me if i am to close to an object and yet same object it will not warn . Is this a common thing or was the an mylink patch for this ? Thanks .

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Presumably yours is the same as mine in that reverse needs to be selected before they work, ie I can't drive up to a wall and the front sensors will sound.

So, drive up to wall, stop, select reverse, select drive, sensors work.

If that's what you're already doing, sorry, I can't help.

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Or, simpler still, just press the Park Assist button (to the left of the gear lever) when approaching an object in the forward direction and travelling at less than 15 km/h.

Thanks for that.

I actually did read the manual when I got the car but must have missed that bit.

Is there anything else I don't know...? :)

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
If you're like me, probably loads -- I actually re-read the manual from time to time and am amazed how much they've sneaked in there since the last time I read it! :rolleyes:

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
I actually re-read the manual from time to time and am amazed how much they've sneaked in there since the last time I read it! :rolleyes:

Yeah well, I think we've determined my retention level...

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Also useful to turn the sensors off e.g when reversing out of your garage with known objects. E.g walls. Stops the incessant beeping.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
On this subject but different vehicle. Our Captiva has front and rear sensors and the fronts sometimes fail to sound so i will test them as described. I'm thinking of installing a rear view camera as well. Does anyone here have both systems and if so, which do you find more useful when reversing?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Calaber, based on the VF's camera as well as the proximity-sensor beeping, I much prefer the camera.
If going aftermarket it would be nice if you can get them with configurable lines on the screen so you can tell where your limits really are (I wouldn't expect them to turn like the VE/VF ones do, but I've seen factory reversing cameras with immovable lines overlaid over the image & it works well).