Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF fuel pump fuse location...

rdieseldawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve s2
Can someone please let me know where it is?

I want to de pressurised the fuel system to change injectors but can't see it anywhere...

TIA

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
According to the VF service manual, "fuel pressure release" is acomplished via the following
1. install a scan tool to the vehicle and command the fuel pump replay OFF, allowing the low presure fuel pump to shut off.
2. start the vehicle and allow the engine to idle until the engine stops. The engine will stop in approximately 20-30 seconds.
3 turn the ignition OFF.
4 using the scan tool, verify that there is little to no fuel pressure, if there is still fuekl pressure repete step 2.

So you need a scan tool that can set fuel pump replay to OFF and can read the fuel line pressure...

But there is the rear passenger side fuse panel located in your boot which has a Fuel System Control Module fuse in position F8.

I have not read the manaul to find out what modules are involved within the start procedure and whether the F8 fuse will actually kill the fuel pump but allow the engine to crank and injectors to fire thus starting and consuming the fuel in teh line.... So you may want to read the Fuel System Description well and decide for yourself what you are comfortable doing.

So keep in mind that i'm not certain pulling fuse F8 will actually de-pressurise the fuel line. Don't blame me if pulling F8 doesn't de-pressurise the fuel line and you get injured. I suspect if you pull F8 and the car starts but dies after 20 - 30 seconds, it may be OK.

rdieseldawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve s2
Thanks for the reply...

I don't have a scan tool, so I tried removing fuse F8.

Unfortunately the car just kept running without it installed, so no dice.

Guess I'll just call the wrecker I got the injectors from and ask him tomorrow.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Or call a dealer service department and ask them how to depressurise the fuel system without a scan tool as wreckers are not mechanics in most cases.

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
If you have a V8, you can try the sloppy way:

Make sure engine is cold. Overnight is better
Locate the schrader valve on the fuel rail end , passenger side.
Wrap it with a rag and press the valve with a screw drive.
Don't forget to close your mouth and eyes.

Fluid might go everywhere
Do it at your own risk.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
The Haynes manualdoes provide a ‘fuel pressure relief procedure’ that can be done without a scan tool to turn off the fuel pump, however, it will set an error code so I suppose you’ll need a scan tool to clear the code.

The Haynes manual stresses several times that the fuel pressures in the SIDI engines are very high (15 MPa) and capable of injecting fuel through skin. So extreme care is required.

Haynes procedure is somewhat convoluted in its description as it has many ‘if’s and ‘except’s for different models, series, and engines. It is a bit hard to follow their procedure, but (I think) for the V6 SIDI, VF, it is:

Remove fuel filler cap.
Disconnect the Fuel System Control Module fuse
Raise rear of vehicle and support on jack stands
Start the engine
Disconnect the fuel pump (disconnect the connector at the RH side of the fuel tank)
When engine stalls, crank for 10 seconds
Crank for another 10 seconds
Wait 2 hours before disconnecting any high pressure fuel lines
Use towel to cover joint when disconnecting

(And you will need to clear the fault code afterwards!)

I suggest trading it in for a V8 - the depressurisation procedure is much easier!

memphis01

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 vf ss
I got 2014 vf ss just changed fuel pump but no humm continues crank fuel pressure in line???