Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF headers and cat delete pipe

SMS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS ute
first anyone know if anyone makes a decent twin 3” cat delete pipe?
Second are there any dealers here for hooker headers, interested in what the best price they can do for 1 7/8 4-1’s for VF ute, both ceramic and no ceramic with shipping to north QLD. There’s a local dealer here but I’m looking for better prices. Cheers

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Cat delete as in proper secondaries for racing? Yes there are probably some US race pipes or you could try some mobs in kiwi land because they won’t get prosecuted for selling them to you as legal roadgoing replacements (they have different laws RE tree fairies) but I think you should spec your own according to mods and driving.

SMS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS ute
Cat delete as in proper secondaries for racing? Yes there are probably some US race pipes or you could try some mobs in kiwi land because they won’t get prosecuted for selling them to you as legal roadgoing replacements (they have different laws RE tree fairies) but I think you should spec your own according to mods and driving.

Cheers nah just a pipe to join the headers to the rest of the exhaust to get rid of the cats. We got mandrel bender here that can do 3”, but no car hoist so it’d be a pain in the arse. But if that’s what I have to do i’ll do it, just thought there might be some around ready to go straight in

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Cheers nah just a pipe to join the headers to the rest of the exhaust to get rid of the cats. We got mandrel bender here that can do 3”, but no car hoist so it’d be a pain in the arse. But if that’s what I have to do i’ll do it, just thought there might be some around ready to go straight in
Nah advertising is seen as furthering illegal use and bypassing emissions equipment I think. You know what the risk is if caught I take it? See with petrol it is gonna stink pretty obvious if you intend to drive on public roads too.

SMS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS ute
Yeah I sure do thanks mate. I was thinking if I ended up making them I’d just buy a set of cats and gut em. The insides in them don’t last anyway so who’s to know what happened to the insides

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You don't know much about aftermarket high flow cats then. They don't break up, they don't block up either. They don't restrict the flow that much either, but 100 cell cats are just as illegal as no cats. As far as I know, there are no Euro 4 compliant high flow cats that are less than 400 cell. You can get Euro 3 200 cell but that still doesn't meet EPA requirements for the VF. MagnaFlow do a metallic cat that is Euro 4 but it's still 400 cell.

The output of a VF V8 won't really "outflow" a cat, but they are still a restriction for flow. On the street you won't know if they are there or not except for the smell, but for racing, you don't want them.

You can sell parts for cars that are not street legal, but it's up to the end user what they do with them.