Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Headlight bulb replacement

lacks creativity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Manual
Has anybody attempted and been successful in replacing the headlight bulbs in a VF SV6 / SS ? after much studying of the 1 page within the manual, I have almost given up all hope besides removing the front bar and the headlight to perform this, any advice would be greatly appreciated for a nub like myself.

dav0j

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Has anybody attempted and been successful in replacing the headlight bulbs in a VF SV6 / SS ? after much studying of the 1 page within the manual, I have almost given up all hope besides removing the front bar and the headlight to perform this, any advice would be greatly appreciated for a nub like myself.

i changed my headlight globes a couple of months ago to some philips crystal visions. i thought, "this should be a breeze" but definitely wasn't! took about an hour all up (from working out how to get to the globe).

you'll need plenty of patience and it can be done without removing the front bar. for the passenger side make sure you remove the air filter for better access. it's a tight squeeze but is possible.

for the drivers side, you'll need to remove the coolant tube (like it says in the manual) but also remove a grey unit (i think the ECU?) and you can get your hands underneath. You'll obviously need to unscrew the caps to the globe and just pop the globes out.

This probably isn't helping much as it's a bit hard to explain but yes it can be done.

I'll see if i can take some pics over the weekend to show you what i did...

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
I actually had to remove the front bar... Was an absolute pain. What happened from VE to VF??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lacks creativity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Manual
I wish I had little girlie hands! would make this a lot easier! I am looking to put a set of the Phillips crystal visions as well, I had them in the last car and they made such a difference.

Maybe when they made the VE they were making money, when they released the VF they thought "Hey you know what's a good way to make money? make everyone bring the cars back to put new headlights in"

yianni127

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS UTE
Where did you buy them from?
Is there any particular product code?
Thanks

lacks creativity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Manual
Yeh removing the stone gaurd is the way to go by the looks of it, thank you for that 1 :)

has anyone looked at HID change over? the VF already has the projector housing so you wont be that guy putting HID's into standard headlight and blinding everyone, this is what I was looking at its for the VE but the back of the lights look similar

Holden VE Commodore Headlight H7 HID KIT SV6 SS SSV HSV | eBay

jasonjea

Reaction score
Website
www.aus-chat.com
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 UTE
I m panning to gate that kit. I hope it will fit

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

jasonjea

Reaction score
Website
www.aus-chat.com
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 UTE
I will do it after insurance fix my car.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk