Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Headlight bulb replacement

veessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SSV
You need to buy the CANBUS kit or it wont work so search for H7 CANBUS hid kit on ebay

Yeh removing the stone gaurd is the way to go by the looks of it, thank you for that 1 :)

has anyone looked at HID change over? the VF already has the projector housing so you wont be that guy putting HID's into standard headlight and blinding everyone, this is what I was looking at its for the VE but the back of the lights look similar

Holden VE Commodore Headlight H7 HID KIT SV6 SS SSV HSV | eBay

lacks creativity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Manual
I swapped over to some Phillips globes last night, I took the front wheel off and removed the arch lining, being the lining is still very stiff it was still difficult to remove them and not being able to see was all done by touch, I ordered that Kit today should be here soon, I'll do some photos on the process of putting them and the result :D

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
Left side is simple

right side on the other hand

10014582_10202226084625818_1425797911_n.jpg

Remove front wheel
remove "wheelhouse liner"
After that replace the bulb as per normal

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Has anybody tried the CREE LED replacemnt kits?
im interested to see if i get an error code from them.

i have been talking to a company who is happy to supply me with a kit to see if we can get them to work without error codes however after getting an error code after using an led numberplate light im not hopefull.

vfcalaisV

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf calais v 2013
just letting you guys know it ileagel to fit xenon h.i.d kits or led kits to any car that did not come with them from the factory its a $110 fine and will make your car un roadworthy and void your insurance if you are in a accident the best you can do is fit h.i.d look halogen upto 4200k anything over that is also un roadworthy

ndwalters

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
just letting you guys know it ileagel to fit xenon h.i.d kits or led kits to any car that did not come with them from the factory its a $110 fine and will make your car un roadworthy and void your insurance if you are in a accident the best you can do is fit h.i.d look halogen upto 4200k anything over that is also un roadworthy

We know.... we just dont care.

6LVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
WTF?
You'd rather blind oncoming traffic and risk a head on crash at night,just because you THINK it looks cooler?
Or risk being the cause of another driver running off the road because YOU have blinded them.
Arrogant AND stupid