Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf HID

Mr_hold3n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf holden ve holden
Hey good morning all i have a vf sv6 2015 trying to fit hid kit but they keep flickering and turning off with error message any one had similar experiences please help ...

Happydaze

Happydaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE T30
I bought a HID kit for the VE, had the ballasts built into new aftermarket dust caps. Nice and neat and works perfectly.

Was your kit specifically for the VF?

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
Hey good morning all i have a vf sv6 2015 trying to fit hid kit but they keep flickering and turning off with error message any one had similar experiences please help ...
You could call the people you purcashed it off and ask for help

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
Did you go with 6300k? Seems like a good deal
He went with 4300k (I've been talking to him about getting one), and the other option is 6000k.

LS3SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline A6
IF you bought a kit made specificallyfor the VF it wouldnt have this problem. It looks like you might need a CANBUS resistor to solve the flickering issue. To give you an idea I run these http://www.ae-international.com.au/...m-headlight-hid-conversion-kit-canbus-h7-35w/ and have zero issues with them
Fitted these HID kits recently, (4300k) instantly got nervous when I saw the "Made in China" sticker on the box, (what isn't??) but the quality looked quite good to me, so thought I'd try em out, and have to say I'm happy with the outcome, brighter than the OEM halogens but not overly; not getting flashed by oncoming drivers & the nice White light is easy on the eyes
IF you bought a kit made specificallyfor the VF it wouldnt have this problem. It looks like you might need a CANBUS resistor to solve the flickering issue. To give you an idea I run these http://www.ae-international.com.au/...m-headlight-hid-conversion-kit-canbus-h7-35w/ and have zero issues with them

mrjasonhong

Reaction score
Members Ride
SOAG MY17 VFII SS-V Redline Sportwagon
As per TSMAX and LS3SS, yes i have the 4300k and they are very nice. Initially I thought "****" when they arrived in a plain brown box. But after looking at them and putting them in they are very good in terms of on road performance. Just like what I have spoken to TSMAX about, they are "natural" white light that projects onto the road. If you looked at your headlights they will have the slightest of slight yellow tint to them especially if you have LED parkers (as per the 4300K rating). BUt honestly 4300k is the best performing in terms of light throw distance, lack of reflection in the rain and off signs and the easiest on the eyes if you are doing big KM at night.

EDIT: the main and biggest reason I went with and recommend 4300k is the OEM/factory look with the performance of high end lights. That slightest yellow tint is your friend when it comes to disguising the after market HID (which technically speaking are illegal). Just my opinions, each man/woman to their own

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
if you have a decent set of hid's already and don't want to buy another set you can just buy the load resistor needed to stop the vehicle detecting blown bulb/flicker issues etc.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2Pcs-H7-...e-Anti-Flicker-Resistor-Decoder-/182596955438

it just plugs in between the vehicle and the hid kit and adds resistance like a normal halogen globe.
some of those cheap kits on ebay have really crappy ballasts and take ages to start up and other kits have fast start ones that take 2 to 3 seconds.
slow starting ballasts are fine in low beam but a pain in high beam.