Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
^^ I feel for you man, but honestly Holden don't make drive in friendly cars a priority. If they made stuff stay on indefinitely and the battery went dead then there'd be posts saying my battery died at the drive in.

Can't please 'em all.

Swyped from my Note 2 phablet...

WL2005HBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 WL Statesman HBD
^^ I feel for you man, but honestly Holden don't make drive in friendly cars a priority. If they made stuff stay on indefinitely and the battery went dead then there'd be posts saying my battery died at the drive in.

Can't please 'em all.

True
But it should be at least dash programmable from the options menu. I'm still shocked there's no Xenons, LED taillights (not even brake lights) or auto dimming rear mirror. and I'm extremely disappointed in the WN caprice.

My WL just got a little more sexier...

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6

Can't please 'em all.

I never said indefinitely, however 15 minutes is absurd. I am in the car and the VF has a low battery warning light in any case. Also has voltage information for battery in the driver information centre. I can monitor that too. It doesn't have to be drive-in either. It can be any situation where you are sitting in your car for an extended period without he engine running and stationary..

Krustyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
Has anyone found how the Pollution Mode works in the VF Calais V?

In the VE Calais V, holding the recirculated button for 5 seconds would activate pollution mode.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
There is no remote unlock for fuel filler cap, not even lockable. Just pry the flap open with your hand and turn the cap.....This is supposed to be a luxury model even my 2004 Ford BA XR6 had a remote fuel flap release. :censored::censored:

On a brighter note, the fuel economy is very good. I averaged 7.5 l/100 kms coming back from Batemans Bay to Sydney via Princes Hway/Picton Road/Hume Highway. I filled up tank in the Bay with 95 RON. On the way there via Hume Highway via Goulbourn/Braidwood/Clyde Mountain it was even better at 7.2 l/100kms

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
There is no remote unlock for fuel filler cap, not even lockable. Just pry the flap open with your hand and turn the cap.....This is supposed to be a luxury model even my 2004 Ford BA XR6 had a remote fuel flap release. :censored::censored:

?? What are you talking about? When the car locks the fuel flap locks too. I'm sure it's able to be pried open but I'll assure you the BA one can be too (had to do it recently when the actuator jammed it shut). As for the actuation, meh - press the flap and it opens (when the car is unlocked). Not sure how much harder that is to pressing the button on the dash or pulling the leaver on the floor.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
?? What are you talking about? When the car locks the fuel flap locks too. I'm sure it's able to be pried open but I'll assure you the BA one can be too (had to do it recently when the actuator jammed it shut). As for the actuation, meh - press the flap and it opens (when the car is unlocked). Not sure how much harder that is to pressing the button on the dash or pulling the leaver on the floor.

yeah I found this out the hard way.
in the work office boss wants me to do some stuff. so grab his car (VE) and he says while your at it go fill up with some fuel.
jump out at servo, lock the car (what I always do with mine)
knew that you have to press the flap in so it then clicks out from previous noticing with VE's.
wouldn't work was like what the.....
unlocked car. tried again.
felt like a real idiot :s
the fuel cap on the tiny tether though if its on the VF aswell wonder what damage it could potentially do to the paintwork around the filler cap. I remember seeing a few scratches in that area which looked pretty average to be honest.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6

Thanks for the advice . We are all only learning here. New model and everything. Owners handbook isn't clear. It's not clear the fuel flap unlocks when you unlock the car. I was looking in the handbook for "Fuel Flap/Cap Release" It's now clear how it locks and how it opens.

Last edited:

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
So is there a bracket on the fuel flap where you put the cap once you've opened it?

Last edited: