Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Freestyla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redoine
The power sockets in my Redline do not charge my phone. I used to think they maintained charge but during a 4 hr drive yesterday my phone lost charge while plugged in the whole time.
It is a Samsung S4.

Is this right? Holden confirmed during the 3K service that they both have 12V.

Are you running a GPS or another app while connected?

I use the usb socket which charges and plays my music for my iPhone 5.
However when I use my Google Nexus 7 pad running MetroView GPS, it loses charge on the 12V sockets.

However if I just have the pad connected and no apps running, it charges fine.

Think it just depends how much the device CPU power is being utilised, although if you're not running apps, that would be strange. Unlikely to be the problem, have you changed charging cables?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
The power sockets in my Redline do not charge my phone. I used to think they maintained charge but during a 4 hr drive yesterday my phone lost charge while plugged in the whole time.
It is a Samsung S4.

Is this right? Holden confirmed during the 3K service that they both have 12V.

Shitty or cheep charging cable? A lot of the newer phones won't work with the $2 chinese jobs.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I will try another cable because the one I am using is a non-genuine. It was the only device I had plugged in as well other than the iPod in the USB socket.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Looks like a bent staple. From the window surround rubber perhaps?

Holden cannot identify this part on it's own. They need to perform a 'diagnosis" ie pull my door apart and if it isn't a part of the car then I have pay for their labour @ $110 per hour.. Just too ridiculous.

Freestyla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redoine
Holden cannot identify this part on it's own. They need to perform a 'diagnosis" ie pull my door apart and if it isn't a part of the car then I have pay for their labour @ $110 per hour.. Just too ridiculous.

Sounds like the same crap they tried to pull on me, when I knocked my little day/night plastic sensor on the dash through the holder.

Service centre told me it was a big job to unscrew the dash to get to the sensor to lock it back in place.

So I told them to forget about it, got tweezers and double sided tape and grabbed it, locked it back in place in 20mins.

I'd tell them not to bother man, just sounds like an effort to score some $$$ for the service dept's Xmas party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dj_lockie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute M6
I feel your pain about the rattles - have had mine back to the dealer twice to get them sorted out. The first time they had to fix some foam behind the b-pillar which apparently wasn't sitting correct, and the second time they have had to pull out the front passenger seat to try and sort the rattle out.

My only other concern at the moment is a rattle/knock sound from the engine for the first half second/second when its started cold. Mentioned it to them when I took it in for its 3000km inspection and they've said that its normal, as the oil gets up to the rockers etc? Not sure if thats legit...?

Senator829

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 HSV Senator & 2012 RG Colorado LTZ
I feel your pain about the rattles - have had mine back to the dealer twice to get them sorted out. The first time they had to fix some foam behind the b-pillar which apparently wasn't sitting correct, and the second time they have had to pull out the front passenger seat to try and sort the rattle out.

My only other concern at the moment is a rattle/knock sound from the engine for the first half second/second when its started cold. Mentioned it to them when I took it in for its 3000km inspection and they've said that its normal, as the oil gets up to the rockers etc? Not sure if thats legit...?

The L series motors being alloy are all a bit noisy for the first few seconds

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
The L series motors being alloy are all a bit noisy for the first few seconds

I like to take it as a reminder of the experience I'm about to have! ;) hehehe

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
My passenger side rattle is giving me the shits but I think the wind noise from my drivers door is more annoying :D Wont be accepting the car back when it hits its 3k service unless my problems are fixed

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
UPDATE: Water leak

Two weeks ago the Grommet was replaced and "voila", no more leak. The carpet was replaced last week. All good, and the water problem solved. Seems more and more owners are having the water problem. GM know about this. Maybe prospective purchasers should check it before taking delivery, paying the invoice?

The drive train vibration was checked at the 3000km service. Technician confirmed the vibration and has blamed it on the stiff suspension. They are going to talk to GM about it.

Could I ask those of you with VF v8s to take note of any drive-line vibrations please? You may think it is Tyres. It is most noticeable at 90km/h in 5th gear (manual box)
it can be felt in gears 3,4 and 6 but not as definite. Any assistance would be appreciated as I feel GM will fob me off with this concern.

Cheers