Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

gazza555

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF Calais V
I had the wet carpet in brand new VF Calais V but only in the rear passengers side floor. It was the air cond condensate. They replaced the grommet in the floor and new carpet comes next week. Only wet in the back passengers side. All other areas dry.

jhsg

Reaction score
Hi all

The only problem I've had so far is the fueling sloshing around. It's not a big deal but can anything be done to fix it?

I've owned / drove a number of late model cars and don't buy the line about the VF being the quietest ever and that's why you can hear the fuel sloshing around.

Cheers
John.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi John,

Good to hear you have no issues / faults. The VF is certainly the quietest Commodore ever. But I think the sloshing noise is more due to the placement of the fuel tank in front of the diff, and possibly also due to its shape? I hear it from time to time backing down the driveway with the radio and air con off. It doesn't bother me at all. The only cure I can see would be for Holden to baffle the tank. There may be a remedy for owners though with some extra sound proofing above the tank, inside the car? I really don't consider it warrants any action though, at least not in my car.

Cheers

jhsg

Reaction score
Thanks mate. Agree it's really not a big ticket item.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
So for those of you that are up to speed with my Mylink and iPod issues (thousands of you I am sure), I solved it today.
The issue is it loses its shuffle setting. If you go in and re-select shuffle before touching anything else, the planets align and all is good.
If however you select skip or similar first, you are stuck with whatever song is playing until the ipod finishes indexing which could be 10-15 minutes.

Quite simple in the end but it shouldn't happen regardless.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
These sorts complications between the mylink and the other end device such as ipod or phone are always caused by the end device as the mylink is just the display or receiving device. Since most of these posts relate to IOS devices that is another story.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
So you think Zappaboy that if I change my ipod my issues will go?

Hammer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon
I use an old iphone 4s connect via usb for my music and have no issues.
I use my samsung galaxy s4 via bluetooth for calls and messages. no issues.

MPC78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV manual sedan on order
I use an old iphone 4s connect via usb for my music and have no issues.
I use my samsung galaxy s4 via bluetooth for calls and messages. no issues.

My iPhone 5 keeps losing Bluetooth connection. Not in call or anything. However, twice so far the device is not recognised after previously working fine. I have to delete the Mylink connection on my phone and go through the connection process again. I assume it's my phone and not Mylink but will ask at the first service.

Bradvfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
My iPhone 5 keeps losing Bluetooth connection. Not in call or anything. However, twice so far the device is not recognised after previously working fine. I have to delete the Mylink connection on my phone and go through the connection process again. I assume it's my phone and not Mylink but will ask at the first service.

After an operating system update, my iphone 5 does the same thing. I need to reset it 3 or 4 times. Connecting via cable to My link does not appear to speed up the process.