Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I got it twice, but hasnt happened since. FYI, my left lamp was where it should be.. hahahah.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Are they self leveling headlights?

JMC84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline UTE
UPDATE: Water leak

Two weeks ago the Grommet was replaced and "voila", no more leak. The carpet was replaced last week. All good, and the water problem solved. Seems more and more owners are having the water problem. GM know about this. Maybe prospective purchasers should check it before taking delivery, paying the invoice?

The drive train vibration was checked at the 3000km service. Technician confirmed the vibration and has blamed it on the stiff suspension. They are going to talk to GM about it.

Could I ask those of you with VF v8s to take note of any drive-line vibrations please? You may think it is Tyres. It is most noticeable at 90km/h in 5th gear (manual box)
it can be felt in gears 3,4 and 6 but not as definite. Any assistance would be appreciated as I feel GM will fob me off with this concern.

Cheers

G'Day HemiMagic,

Did you have any luck getting to the bottom of the drivetrain Vibration? I have a Auto VF SSV Redline Ute with this same problem. Dealer has tried wheel alignment and wheel balance which hasn't fixed the problem. Don't know how far I'm going to get with the dealer on this issue so was interested to see if you managed to locate the problem?

shauny83

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Only issue I have noticed is that the drivers side mirror won't dip when put into reverse, only passenger side

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Isn't that normal? I thought it was for seeing the kerb etc on the left when reverse parking?

shauny83

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
They both dipped when I first picked the car up, I swear!?!

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hmmm, okaaay? Are you sure????