Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Only passenger side. Drivers side must not dip to ensure you can still see cars coming up behind you...

I think you were smoking your socks lol

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Had my software updated again yesterday only after a week I was last at the dealer. New update means you have to hold the boot release button for 3 seconds because people were hitting it in there pocket also updates to do with the locking system aka people were somehow locking the key in the car

ejwagon

EJwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF v6 Calais
Had my software updated again yesterday only after a week I was last at the dealer. New update means you have to hold the boot release button for 3 seconds because people were hitting it in there pocket also updates to do with the locking system aka people were somehow locking the key in the car

Yep, picked up my Calais two weeks ago and have already walked out to a car with the boot open! Key was in my jeans pocked and I can only put it down to the button being accidentally pressed when I grabbed out some coins.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
# Update from my long winded post of page 57 #

Black rubber marks on A Pillar were unexplainable but at least cleaned off and was told to bring it back in if they reappear which they have started to already since Tuesday. No mention of new door seal in 3 months as "Trewman" mentioned. Hope your right Trewman.
Steering wheel has been centred, but didn't have anything to do with the wheel alignment which was perfect. The Mrs had to pick up the car and didn't understand the jargon they were spinning, something about adjustment to the steering wheel tolerance??? It now sits dead centre which is the important thing. (this off centre steering wheel had been mentioned in an "official" review that I read about the car last year before I purchased it) Anyone with this problem don't despair, it can be fixed.
Drivers seat cover clips have been reinstalled, they weren't sewn upside down like I thought they may be (must be double folded to be the right way up) They did have to remove the drivers seat to do the job though, and admitted that they may come off again. Guess what, 3 days later the corner one has come off. I'm 98kg and don't consider myself morbidly obese so I don't think I'm straining the seat clips that much.
Important thing is its all been noted on my receipt which will mean less f$&k around next time it's taken in for re-fixing.

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Does anyone else have the "issue" when you pull the wiper stalk to clean the windscreen the wipers almost do a full sweep on the dry/dirty windscreen before the washers kick in?

zach77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Does anyone else have the "issue" when you pull the wiper stalk to clean the windscreen the wipers almost do a full sweep on the dry/dirty windscreen before the washers kick in?
yes I noticed this yesterday, a bit strange indeed

Y

Yarsii

It's because all the water has drained out of the lines to the reservoir. It's going to take a second for the pump to send the water back up to the wipers.

Next time your at your car spray your washers twice. On the second time is it instant?

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
It's because all the water has drained out of the lines to the reservoir. It's going to take a second for the pump to send the water back up to the wipers.

Next time your at your car spray your washers twice. On the second time is it instant?

There's a check valve inline to stop it draining back.. Such a petty thing to mention I know... :idea: