Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Flo Rider

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Does anyone else have the "issue" when you pull the wiper stalk to clean the windscreen the wipers almost do a full sweep on the dry/dirty windscreen before the washers kick in?

I mentioned this at my first service, wiper/spray function was compared with that of another vehicle and was the same. Mine won't go through a full sweep but wipers definitely start to move before the water hits the glass.

On a positive note the spray sure gives nice coverage on the glass once it hits.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Last week I had the 15k service done on my Calais V sportswagon. I was advised by the service rep that they upgraded the software on the car. He used a 3 letter term which I cannot remember for the upgrade. Anyway after this upgrade, the mylink whenever it syncs now says chevrolet which it never did before. This I find very annoying. While I realise the mylink is from the US parts bin like many of the other the smarts in the car but the car is still a Holden. It is as annoying as those wankers who change the badges on their holden V8's to chevy badges (it is an old chevy engine built in Mexico in the VF compared to what is available in the US - unless it is an HSV model - OMG) or those drivers who had TS Astra's and put Opel badges on them (Some of these later TS cars were actually built in Poland and not Belgium like the earlier deliveries.

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Refer 2nd last post, previous page.

As I mentioned, there's a check valve to stop the water draining back. It is located at the right hand bonnet hinge.
Compared to all other cars I've owned, it just appears the wipers start too quickly.

griffygriff

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6 ve 2008
Hi just 2 questions:
1. Can anyone tell me as holden sales can't. Does the VF commodore have the 3 stage Overspeed alarms like the VE does?

2. The VY Ute had a defined water channel (behind the cockpit & top of the rear tray wall) to stop water leaking into the tray bed. I couldn't see similar on a VF ute. Anyone reported leaks?

Thanks

gazza555

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF Calais V
Water problem fixed. No further problems. Have noticed that both front seats in Calais V have a feeling of being loose when vehicle is turning and body weight if driver/passenger moves on the seat. You can literally feel the small clicking type movement thru your posterior (if u know what I mean). A friend who has similar vehicle has also noticed this in his drivers seat.

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
This is starting to show as a major (in my opinion) quality problem. We have had the same leak one day after taking delivery. It was a drain pipe incorrectly fitted. Carpet and drain pipe replaced and the problem was fixed. The leak is on the national data base and if any further problems are caused that could relate to the water it will be covered by warranty. Holden know about this and have supposedly put out a national bulletin regarding. My dealer and the Holden Customer Service team have been very good sorting and dealing with it. We got an old Commodore Omega hire car so you should be happy with a demo Captiva then?

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
I thought this fault was to be a National Recall?

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
G'Day HemiMagic,

Did you have any luck getting to the bottom of the drive-train Vibration? I have a Auto VF SSV Redline Ute with this same problem. Dealer has tried wheel alignment and wheel balance which hasn't fixed the problem. Don't know how far I'm going to get with the dealer on this issue so was interested to see if you managed to locate the problem?

Hi There, Yes it looks like they have fixed it. The drive shaft was turned one quarter anticlockwise. Driving on a trip tomorrow 3 May to make sure. Will advise.
Just a short note I feel needs to be said.
I did not get "fobbed off" by the Dealer or Holden. They took it seriously and their tech guys tried something that seems to have worked. I will make sure tomorrow as I stated.
We all have our moments of frustration when things don't go as we wish. I feel for the staff at Holden, and under considerable duress they are doing their jobs to the best of their ability. It does concern me that assembly line faults are consistently coming up and I hope it isn't caused by disgruntled workers. It may be a glitch in the system.
Some of you may think I am pi$$*ng in Holden's pocket and that is okay with me. I am quick to complain, but I am also going to compliment when they get it right....

Last edited:

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Ive had my vf back 4 times to have a rattle fixed and its still bloody there. So annoying its been back so many times and I've done 4000km! They have been really good at the dealer but problem is still there.. factory should have done it right at the beginning.