Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

lacks creativity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Manual
Ive had my vf back 4 times to have a rattle fixed and its still bloody there. So annoying its been back so many times and I've done 4000km! They have been really good at the dealer but problem is still there.. factory should have done it right at the beginning.

I know your pain, each time - we cant hear anything - I wish they would just say they cant find the dam thing, plus 2nd and 3rd gear can still be rough as all hell and have been since the day I got the car

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
My rattle they admit they can hear it and "will try this and this" then I get the car back and they say we think it's gone and a day later I'm ripping hair out hating my drive in my new car

jasonjea

Reaction score
Website
www.aus-chat.com
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 UTE
If i have any problems with car should i go anytime there or just wait for next service ?
Example: Fuel tank noise (now i can hear it more and more) and my left side AC controler (button where you set up temperature it goes by itself from low to 24C) they are not like big problems but just asking when i should ask them to fix that.
and guys who complain on fuel tank noise did they fix it and how and where.
Thanks

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Just take it in whenever you feel you need to. If you can live with it till service just wait for that. Fuel tank noise they can't really do anything apparently it's because the tank is located under the rear seat

sloys75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 SPORTSWAGON
I bought my VF sV6 sportswagon in Decemeber and it has been nothing but a nightmare, i had a noise everytime i took off or reversed, been to 3 dealersships replaced you ready, DIFF,TAILSHAFT,TRANSMISSION, FUEL TANK,DRIVED SHAFT AND SUB FRAME, even the holden enginier had a go at it, and still refused to replace the car they finally came to relize they couldnt fix it, iv had the rental for like 2months and still paying repayments for a car i hardly drive,

we really wanted our money back but but we are getting a replacement vechile after getting this result its like winning lotto with holden.

The car only had 3000kms on it, so now we are getting the storm as we are entittled to it, about the fuel tank noise there isnt any buffles in the tank it's hollow inside thats why u can hear the patrol splashing inside the cabin both sedan and wagon are the same, holden have the smartest engineers NOT. So goodluck if you have issues with yours.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I know some on here have had a few frustrations with the heat and a/c in the VF. Did these issues exist in the previous model as well?

23 degrees I find the air is still quite cool with the faintest hint of warmth in it. On a shitty day like today it is not enough.
26 is really very hot so getting the balance right is challenging.
Also, sometimes mine doesn't want to switch to the floor vents and seems to blow out everywhere but there.

Maybe Holden shouldn't have put a temperature setting and just used a graduated scale because there is no way it is right.

zach77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
I too find I am constantly changing the temp also had cool air in front vents and heat in the rears. Will get it looked at at service time

dav0j

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
I know some on here have had a few frustrations with the heat and a/c in the VF. Did these issues exist in the previous model as well?

23 degrees I find the air is still quite cool with the faintest hint of warmth in it. On a shitty day like today it is not enough.
26 is really very hot so getting the balance right is challenging.
Also, sometimes mine doesn't want to switch to the floor vents and seems to blow out everywhere but there.

Maybe Holden shouldn't have put a temperature setting and just used a graduated scale because there is no way it is right.

Yep same problems with my VF. Think I posted about it earlier in this thread.

Bit of a joke how a 2014 model vehicle has issues with climate control temperatures but other than that all is good

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
The VF has a heating and Fan system different to the VE. The temperature graduation in the VF is now 1 degree where the VE was by 0.5 degree graduation. Also the ventilation system used in the VF is now a denso system which is a toyota off shoot/company.

I personally have not had any problems with the A/C heating system in my Calais V sportswagon. I do dispair for the members who are having problems. I wonder if a software upgrade is required to resolve the issues that some members are having.

lacks creativity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Manual
The VF has a heating and Fan system different to the VE. The temperature graduation in the VF is now 1 degree where the VE was by 0.5 degree graduation. Also the ventilation system used in the VF is now a denso system which is a toyota off shoot/company.

I personally have not had any problems with the A/C heating system in my Calais V sportswagon. I do dispair for the members who are having problems. I wonder if a software upgrade is required to resolve the issues that some members are having.

They did a software update on mine to fix the temp issue, still useless, I find I have 1 side hot and the other side low to get a happy medium.