Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

kevinmikel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais
Hi,

I also just bought a VF Calais, however I have the base line model.

I cant help or relate to your faults due to my Calais not having that HUD feature.

Maybe you can help me and shed some light to my issue??
Not to sure whether this is a normal thing? My Calais has only travelled appro 1500KMs, and I am experiencing missfiring/rough idling. This happens mostly on cold starts, and if the car is re started say 2 hours later.
This happens intermittently every day. For example if I am static at a set of lights in drive, I can sometimes feel a treble/ rough idling.

Can any one relate to this?

Kevin

leebo2000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Clubsport R8 ve
Hey senator1 I totally agree on all the ss issues, I stopped the order today real keen on r8 now MAYBE gts if they fall in price.....happy and content now wow thank god for this forum phew

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Hi,

I also just bought a VF Calais, however I have the base line model.

I cant help or relate to your faults due to my Calais not having that HUD feature.

Maybe you can help me and shed some light to my issue??
Not to sure whether this is a normal thing? My Calais has only travelled appro 1500KMs, and I am experiencing missfiring/rough idling. This happens mostly on cold starts, and if the car is re started say 2 hours later.
This happens intermittently every day. For example if I am static at a set of lights in drive, I can sometimes feel a treble/ rough idling.

Can any one relate to this?

Kevin

More info needed. V8 or 6? Fuel used?

kevinmikel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais
Hi,

Mine is a V6

I use only Caltex 98, However the car is built to use 85/Petrol

Kevin

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
I'm having an issue, my Bluetooth is all working fine but when I play music it only comes from the speaker on the dash? iPhone 4s which is up to date

We44pn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Hey guys. I got a VF SSV manual sedan and I love it. A couple things that I've noticed which I will be mentioning at the 3000k service if anyone has come across them and has had them fixed please tell me

Driver Seat noise when turning sometime (im about 85 kilos)
Rear left door doesn't seem to close properly. Feels that it might be slightly dropped
Front suspension makes noises like if you were to crunch some foil up with your hands type of noise when going over bumps or uneven surfaces.
Sunroof when tilted up on hot days sounds a bit rough not a biggie though
Heard a Knock on front right suspension once when I went over a dip on an angle at 2 kmph once which made me worried but haven't heard it since.
Break pedal squeaks on hot days which is really annoying

Either than that it's a beautiful car compared to my VE SS and my e1 r8

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Hey guys. I got a VF SSV manual sedan and I love it. A couple things that I've noticed which I will be mentioning at the 3000k service if anyone has come across them and has had them fixed please tell me

Driver Seat noise when turning sometime (im about 85 kilos)
Rear left door doesn't seem to close properly. Feels that it might be slightly dropped
Front suspension makes noises like if you were to crunch some foil up with your hands type of noise when going over bumps or uneven surfaces.
Sunroof when tilted up on hot days sounds a bit rough not a biggie though
Heard a Knock on front right suspension once when I went over a dip on an angle at 2 kmph once which made me worried but haven't heard it since.
Break pedal squeaks on hot days which is really annoying

Either than that it's a beautiful car compared to my VE SS and my e1 r8

Does the seat feel like it moves slightly when you go around corners? If so Holden do have a clip out that is attached to the seat and does fix the problem. Sorry I can't help you with the other problems. I have an early build 2013 and it doesn't have any of the other problems or noises you describe. Sounds like a visit to the dealer is in order.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
As above. Mines a May 2014 and the driver's seat was loose as. They fitted some clip to it and now it is how it should have been from the factory. Quality is not Holden's forte.

jon_brevad

Reaction score
The only issues I've noticed with my leather seats, is the fact that the drivers side is already showing memory and the leather is stretched - and it hasn't even done 3000kms yet. I told them about this at the 3 month inspection, but I was told that 'leather stretches and its normal'. It's been noted down, and by the next service I will demand it be fixed and I'll escalate it if necessary. Many people seeing this issue? I've seen a few comments around but not enough for it to be a common problem?

MY14 Redline, June Build.

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Little issue I'm finding is the brake and accelerator pedal are to close together and probably a bit close to the kick panel