Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

sandman2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute
i picked my sv6 my15 ute up on tuesday last week, and wed and thursday had the alarm randomly going off for no reason, holden checked it out said that because i got a hard lid there was a short circuit in the lock wiring, and parts ordered, then on saturday morning in CBD under ground parking my ute was flat, no power to start... RACQ came out jump started and drove to holden and they looked at it and turned out to be an unprogramed module that thought ute was still on and sending power around ute.... its back at holden today getting it all fixed and god i hope its the last time i go to service in under a week of ownership!!!

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
HI,
Anyone else had there GPS suddenly loose satellite reception?
Went to use ours the other day and it wasnt picking up any satellites.

Is it a fault or a setting needing adjusted somewhere?

cheers

vl_nick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon, VF Redline
were you in poor terrain? You can loose satellites from tall buildings, trees, tunnels etc.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
make sure your areal is screwed in properly

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
No, we live in a rural area and there was no obstacles etc, also the Aerial is fine.

So looking like a fault I guess.

cheers

JimB47

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV V6
Noticed the RHS of rear bumper bar on my CalaisV has dropped. About 8mm under taillight and it can be pushed in and out. Booked in at the dealers to have both it and the Mylink upgrade looked at
Cheers

</3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline ute
Started my redline ute leaving work and it had a warning light for a faulty electric park brake luckily it had released it so I could drive it home! (But turning the car on/off again removed the light and I could hear the motor working on it again which I couldn't before ) so On the trip home I booked it in to get looked at with the 3000km service, almost mentioning the drivers side door seal ( wind noises ) and asking for a oil and filter change, and hopefully with the my link update for reversing lines

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Yes.

Here's a big one.

My SSV-Redline Ute doesn't come with a spare, of any sort. Nor does it come with the hanging equipment to place a spare under the back, or any tools. It only comes with a foam and pump kit. To rub salt into the wound, to buy said gear from Holden spare parts will cost over $700, not including a tyre!

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
I was lucky I got a full size spare thrown in, mines a wagon tho

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
My Redline has done that a number of times. It had it's 15k serviced and hasn't since. Approx 3 months.