Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Buildabridge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE W310
Service fix released for the seat cover coming off the front seats. Take them back to dealers :)

Just picked up my new SSV Redline W310 and it looks like the front and side lower seat clips are not holding down. Is there something to specifically look for and is someone able to post a picture of their example? I'm assuming the 2 long plastic strips on the console side of the seat are not supposed to be clipped in? Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Just picked up my new SSV Redline W310 and it looks like the front and side lower seat clips are not holding down. Is there something to specifically look for and is someone able to post a picture of their example? I'm assuming the 2 long plastic strips on the console side of the seat are not supposed to be clipped in? Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks

Mate, you have probably just spent ~$60K on your car, take it back to the friggin dealer and tell them to fix it.
Did they do a pre-delivery inspection???

up_and_under

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SSV MY14
I've got to take mine back too, they want the car for the whole day ...

zucan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford
the pre inspection results depend on what day it is done

Monday the pre insepction is done by some one who has been on the turps all week end and hung over
Tuesday still a little hung over
Wednesday great day staff are all feeling fine
Thursday starting to work out what is going on in the week end
Friday is spent is phoning or texting mates on what you and they have planned

Buildabridge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE W310
Mate, you have probably just spent ~$60K on your car, take it back to the friggin dealer and tell them to fix it.
Did they do a pre-delivery inspection???

Supposedly the inspection is done but sometimes you don't find these things until you get it home. They've also neglected to do the mylink update so I can kill 2 birds with the one visit. Otherwise a super ride and sounds awesome. Would be great to have a reference pic though.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
I've got the same problem, on the side of both front seats it seems that the cover comes off. When I took it for the first service showed the service supervisor who didn't believe me at first. The car needs to go in for a whole day as they have to remove both of the seats to establish the issue and be able to order parts to fix.

Can you give me a reference number for this repair from your invoice ? i.e campaign number or TSB number ??:beer chug:

Thanks !

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Service fix released for the seat cover coming off the front seats. Take them back to dealers :)

Can you give me the campaign number or TSB number as a reference? Holden Customer Circus and Dealer refuse to divulge this to me..:hmmm:

This is the dealers email to me !

I can't email a copy of the TSB because it's not a document for customer or public use . It's for GM and dealer use only
:hmmm:

Thanks in advance !!

Chainsaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
My14 VF SSV Redline
^^^ Freedom of Information?...

Any ute owners out there that have a clunk in third gear when you back off the throttle? Only in their gear...

Also has some creaking in the tailshaft when you go around corners at car-park speed. It's booked in for its first service next week.

Snicko1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais Wagon
MIne went in yesterday for some more warranty work
- Replace tailgate switch rubber cover (second time in 15,000kms)
- Split air con hose replaced
- Centre console lid clicking at full open position - Turns out the whole center console needs to be replaced
- Software update to fix USB music playback remembering teh position it left off

Unfortunately Bay City said there was no software update for reverse camera guidelines - ill check with Holden today

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
- Software update to fix USB music playback remembering teh position it left off

Unfortunately Bay City said there was no software update for reverse camera guidelines - ill check with Holden today

How did the software update go? Did it work as I have this issue?
What month/year is the build of your car? It sounds like everything built pre Sept 2013 (or close to that) the update doesn't help in relation to camera guidelines.