Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Snicko1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais Wagon
Hey Flukey,
Aug 13 Calais Wagon

Software update has fixed teh music 100% - I drive heaps and am in & out of the car and havent had the mylink starting at the Eric Prydz Essential Mix 2013 (First track on my usb) all week!

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hey Flukey,
Aug 13 Calais Wagon

Software update has fixed teh music 100% - I drive heaps and am in & out of the car and havent had the mylink starting at the Eric Prydz Essential Mix 2013 (First track on my usb) all week!

Thanks for the update mate, I really appreciate it.
First thing Monday I am ringing the dealer and telling them my car is coming in and they can give it back once it is all updated and working.

Thanks for the tip on the Eric Prydx mix. I am listening to it now.:)

Snicko1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais Wagon
Thanks for the update mate, I really appreciate it.
First thing Monday I am ringing the dealer and telling them my car is coming in and they can give it back once it is all updated and working.

Thanks for the tip on the Eric Prydx mix. I am listening to it now.:)

Hahah i love Prydz!

Check out his Jeremy Olander essential mix from 3 weeks ago

Yeah im surprised they finally fixed the music resetting - I had a malibu in perth and it didnt have the issue, when i told teh dealer there response was "yeah the overseas mylink seems to not have the issue". Great help!

Spewing about the reverse camera guide lines though

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F VF CLUBSPORT SV 340
I got a letter from holden saying i need to bring my car in to enhance the electrical system to the motor EPS system for the electronic power steering mine is a hsv VF clubby october 2014 build . Anyone else get this letter and had it done ? How long would they need to have the car for ?

Fozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
I got a letter from holden saying i need to bring my car in to enhance the electrical system to the motor EPS system for the electronic power steering mine is a hsv VF clubby october 2014 build . Anyone else get this letter and had it done ? How long would they need to have the car for ?
I got a letter yesterday, Sep 13 build SV6 wagon, i'd be interested in hearing the replies to how long Holden would want my car also.
Cheers

Krustyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
Had to take my VF Calais V 06/2013 in for a steering issue.
When steering left or right, the power steering feels lumpy and is sometimes quite difficult to steer in some areas.

After picking it up, they said I need new steering rack which will take a few days to come from Adelaide.

I was then shown a service bulletin that was dated around the 15th Feb from memory named Loss of Power Steering Assistance.
APPARENTLY, a linkage somewhere within the rack needs a certain grease which is lacking or missing.

If rectified promptly, there will be no further issues.
If not rectified, a brand new steering rack is required.

The cost of the rack, $880.
I am guessing that is Holdens price.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
I was then shown a service bulletin that was dated around the 15th Feb from memory named Loss of Power Steering Assistance.
APPARENTLY, a linkage somewhere within the rack needs a certain grease which is lacking or missing.

Nope, it's just a reseat connector and add dielectric grease. Nothing mechanically to do with the rack. If there's a problem with that connector, you'll get warnings on the IPC and a complete loss of assistance (not a poor feel at certain points). The bulletin has nothing to do with your problem.

Krustyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
ok. I was told it was related.

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F VF CLUBSPORT SV 340
my steering feels light and very quick in touring mode , but sports and performance feels stiffer , is that how its ment to work ? i dont have any problems with my steering other than it pulling slightly to the left if i take hand off the wheel . was searching the web when i found the americans were having problems with steering wheel not centered and pulling to the left as i described .

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
my steering feels light and very quick in touring mode , but sports and performance feels stiffer , is that how its ment to work ?

Yeah that's the whole point of it, to give more tactile feedback in the performance oriented modes - gives you a bit more of an idea what's going on (road feedback etc).

was searching the web when i found the americans were having problems with steering wheel not centered and pulling to the left as i described .

I'd look at the alignment before seeking gremlins elsewhere. Could be you've hit a pothole or a rough patch of road and you have a teeny bit of toe or camber where there shouldn't be.