Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F VF CLUBSPORT SV 340
Yeah that's the whole point of it, to give more tactile feedback in the performance oriented modes - gives you a bit more of an idea what's going on (road feedback etc).

I'd look at the alignment before seeking gremlins elsewhere. Could be you've hit a pothole or a rough patch of road and you have a teeny bit of toe or camber where there shouldn't be.

ive taken it to get a full wheel alignment , and they corrected everything . but still the same result when i drive it .

Fozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
ive taken it to get a full wheel alignment , and they corrected everything . but still the same result when i drive it .

Have a play around with your tire pressures, i found my VF wagon a bit "weird" at 38-39psi but heaps better at 36-37psi.

Jordoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 6.0 M6
Hi guys on the issue of power steering failure I was driving to work this morning and a warning came up to service power steering. Lost power steering assistance and had to pull over. Restarted the car and it's working again now. Any idea what happened?

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Hi guys on the issue of power steering failure I was driving to work this morning and a warning came up to service power steering. Lost power steering assistance and had to pull over. Restarted the car and it's working again now. Any idea what happened?

You need to take your vehicle to your local dealer and have work carried out to rectify this fault under customer satisfaction program below, you should have received a letter in the mail like I did detailing the issue.

Customer Satisfaction Program for your Holden Vehicle
Campaign No: A 140804-ZCS P
Description:
Date ofIssue:
VF Commodore & WN Caprice - Power Steering Loss of Assistance .
18 February, 2015
Dear Valued Customer,
The purpose of this letter is to notify you that Holden is initiating an important custom

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride

what model VF and what year and month is yours ?

Jordoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 6.0 M6
what model VF and what year and month is yours ?

2013 vf ss ute build October.
Has managed to get worse this afternoon. Can't drive more then 500m without having to restart the car. Local dealership has said they can't put it in until Tuesday next week. Pretty ridiculous as I now don't have a car to drive

ejwagon

EJwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF v6 Calais
From my understanding, there is an issue with the electrical connector on the power steering motor. Got my letter Las night

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ss ute build October.
Has managed to get worse this afternoon. Can't drive more then 500m without having to restart the car. Local dealership has said they can't put it in until Tuesday next week. Pretty ridiculous as I now don't have a car to drive

did they mention how long it will take to get done ?
mine is a 2014 october . genf hsv clubsport . i might go into the dealer friday and ask them to see if mine needs it done as i got the letter too . but i dont have any problems with mine .

</3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline ute
did they mention how long it will take to get done ?
mine is a 2014 october . genf hsv clubsport . i might go into the dealer friday and ask them to see if mine needs it done as i got the letter too . but i dont have any problems with mine .
I booked mine in on Monday for Wednesday (tomorrow) and they told me they only need it for the day so I could pick it up 4pm that night

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
I booked mine in on Monday for Wednesday (tomorrow) and they told me they only need it for the day so I could pick it up 4pm that night

Cool . Its a pain in the ass . I hate leaving my car in the hands of other people i cant keep an eye on .