Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Jordoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 6.0 M6
did they mention how long it will take to get done ?
mine is a 2014 october . genf hsv clubsport . i might go into the dealer friday and ask them to see if mine needs it done as i got the letter too . but i dont have any problems with mine .

Told me half day service. More pissed about the week without being able to drive the car because of a holden fault more than anything..

Fozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Told me half day service. More pissed about the week without being able to drive the car because of a holden fault more than anything..
When i rang them yesterday i was told 1-1.5hrs for the recall on the EPS.

JimB47

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV V6
I was told the same thing. About an hour. Have had no issues with mine to date, but it is going in in the morning to have it checked. Will update after I have been

Fozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
I was told the same thing. About an hour. Have had no issues with mine to date, but it is going in in the morning to have it checked. Will update after I have been
Same here, haven't had any issues with mine either (touch wood)
Going to book in shortly for the check anyway.
Good luck

BrownieVFSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Has anyone had any issues with the front edge of the seat trim coming away on the Sportec cloth trim? It appears the edge slides over a clip but it won't stay on.

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
The front edge of the trim on middle of my backseat came free and the dealer fixed it right away. It had just popped off the clip and be stuffed if I could get it back on!

JimB47

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV V6
Had the power steering check done this morning, took about 45 minutes, got the car washed as well in that time. Apparently they undo the electrical connection and check that it has no water damage. If not then they fill it with conductive grease and put it back otherwise the connection gets replaced

buildabridge2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSVR W310, VF2 SSVR
The front edge of the trim on middle of my backseat came free and the dealer fixed it right away. It had just popped off the clip and be stuffed if I could get it back on!

Took my SSV Redline in to have the exact same issue fixed on both front seats. It's a well known problem and Holden have issued a fix including new clips to correct it.

matt202

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SV6 MY14 Commodore
Went to my local shops today and on the way there no issues and when I went to leave, I saw the engine warning light was on, but everything was running fine no issues till I went to drive, it's stuck in 2nd gear, (I have an auto) couldn't go above 50kmh without sounding horrible, got to holden and they here have never herd of this issue with a vf before! So it's in the shop now waiting for the news!

up_and_under

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SSV MY14
Also had the issue with the seat clips. Been in once to have it fixed 3 weeks ago, told would never reoccur. Guess what, problem is back.