Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

DjBrenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf CalaisV 3.6 & 2017 SSVR Auto
Also had the issue with the seat clips. Been in once to have it fixed 3 weeks ago, told would never reoccur. Guess what, problem is back.

Had my car in for 30k service today , 3rd time for the seat fix. Not fixed as they had no clips ( on order) but there is a specific service bulletin so take it back to them.

up_and_under

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SSV MY14
It will be going back alright for seat clips, also the EPS recall, the vibration in the diff and the rattle behind the back seat left side, presumably something to do with the seat belt and the MyLink upgrades.
The vibration in the diff seems to be recent (7k) it commences when the car is accelerated to 100-110kph for the first time in the morning, car is already warmed up though. Doesn't occur in the afternoon as I'm joining stop/start traffic

Veilspade

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
Hi All

Had the seat cover problem, fixed with the clips. Pretty piss poor fix really just a couple of bulldog type clips.
Wonder if they will tear through the fabric.

Have the vibration at 100kph, feels like 2 boat motors which are just off the same rpm.
Rattle in passanger door which is annoying
They did the EPS recall, didnt notice anything

Other then that its not a bad car.

Cheers

ejwagon

EJwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF v6 Calais
March build Calais is about to go in for its 3 month check up. Only issue that I have is the rear passenger door does not line up to the front door.

View attachment 172739

Got a call from the Dealership yesterday and asked me if I could drop the car in for the area manager to have a look at the door alignment. Got a call today and it is going into the body shop to get it done. There biggest fear was paint touch up on the bolts and creating leaks. I am happy with the follow up and communication from my dealer. (also will get the EPS recall done while it is with them)

DjBrenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf CalaisV 3.6 & 2017 SSVR Auto
It will be going back alright for seat clips, also the EPS recall, the vibration in the diff and the rattle behind the back seat left side, presumably something to do with the seat belt and the MyLink upgrades.
The vibration in the diff seems to be recent (7k) it commences when the car is accelerated to 100-110kph for the first time in the morning, car is already warmed up though. Doesn't occur in the afternoon as I'm joining stop/start traffic

They are great cars but the one thing I will say is get used to the rattles. On the flip side and in Holden's defence they are so quiet now , on a smooth road you could hear a pin drop.

Senator01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.2
SO where is my rear seat cupholder?

Looks like MY15 have removed the retractable cupholder from the rear seat. A little disappointing/

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Its fair obvious that holden are pulling out "features" as the MY climbs

Thof

JR Sen
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY13 VF SSV sedan - Phantom
Hi All, long time lurker first time poster, first of all, this forum is a wealth of knowledge and conversation, diverse. Anyway, I'm changing tact, yes, I acknowledge my MY13 SSV (auto...) suffers probably the same as many others now waiting for the next service so another recall can be addressed, but I hold a pretty simple view that I know it has faults (no where near as many as me) and it's still bloody fun to drive... Straight, twisty, everywhere, geez it's good to drive.... So I'm prepared to accept its fallibility (I'm a good benchmark - lol) and just have a bloody good time while I can. Not looking forward to more boring and mundane offerings, esp those as softroaders / small to medium FWD offerings. Showing my age... Enjoy all :)

Krustyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
Well!!! For no real reason I went to auto park. After the car selected the parking spot, I shifted to reverse and as soon as I did, the dash display came up with Steering cancelled auto park.
I tried another 3 times to no avail.
Looks like the new steering rack has screwed something up.

Back to Holden again.....

coleas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I had the seat clip issue in my 2013 calais v with the passenger seat.

took it back to dealer 3 times then they gave up and sent the car offsite to a good car detailer

The problem is fixed (finally)