Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
Hi All! First time posting but I read just about every post on this forum before buying my VF SSV manual.

Just wanted to say that I've had my car 3 months now and absolutely love it. Touch wood but no problems so far. I got the options of Bose audio and the sunroof. Coming from a SVZ Ute I think the Bose is worth the extra and sounds fantastic in terms of quality as long as you're not just looking for bone rattling bass. I've tried the park assist a couple of times and I don't know about anyone else but it really freaked me out how close to the kerb it gets!

If I could ask for anything more from it, it would be more sound from the V8. I would love to take it to Walkinshaw or Harrop.

Cheers!

If all you want is more sound, a 3" cat back exhaust will be all you need.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Does your illumination for the speedo and tacho also dim at the same time? The VF Commodores auto dim the interior dashboard illumination even when the headlights are off, but the headlight switch is in the auto on position. When it happens again, turn the headlight switch to off and see if the MyLink screen suddenly brightens back up again. If it does, then your car is fine. Its just what VF Commodores do.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Yer mine is the same, turn the auto headlights off and the interior lights dim when going under a bridge or something. Wish it had the same as my old SVZ where you could pick the sensitivity between early, normal and late..

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
So after having my car in for its 3K service I requested that holden change the engine oil and filter they put in helix HX AJ 10W-30. now once the car is hot it sounds like a truck..

This is a really loud tap tap tap tap sound coming from the engine bay but only when the car is hot after been driven for a little bit.. The car is in March built SSV manual has anyone else had issues like this??

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
So after having my car in for its 3K service I requested that holden change the engine oil and filter they put in helix HX AJ 10W-30. now once the car is hot it sounds like a truck..

This is a really loud tap tap tap tap sound coming from the engine bay but only when the car is hot after been driven for a little bit.. The car is in March built SSV manual has anyone else had issues like this??

Wrong oil. Not sure if that is the real issue but 5W-30 is the Holden specification.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Yer I thought that so I called the dealer and asked about it, he fed me some **** about it being a holden specified oil and at that point I wasn't up for a argument... will call them back tomorrow and get the right oil back in because till then there has been no issues at all...

MrMagoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SS
I Love my just bought 2013 SS VF with its new fancy dash, nice seats etc.... but no fricken Sat-Nav... WTF?! My fathers Mazda3 has bloody GPS

Why did Holden not include something as basic as GPS on a $35k+ SS?! ..... And is there any update/ mod to fix this?

Thanks!

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6