Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
If you want integrated Sat Nav that bad, JHP sells them.

I've had my car serviced at 2 different dealerships. One used Valvoline SynPower 5w-30 fully synthetic the other used semi synthetic VPS 10w-40 (not dexos1 approved and not correct weight). Myself and the service manager found out simultaneously from head mech that it had been going into HSV's also.
I asked, not so nicely to replace it with specified oil. When I brough the car back I stood and watched them crack two bottles of Mobil1 to replace it.

Morel of the story - if your fussy about oil, want the specified weight and dexos1 approval or just want to keep em honest, you should ask before hand what's going to be used.

MrMagoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SS
Did you not see it had no GPS before buying it?

No i didnt. When i buy a new model car that has big LCD screen you assume it has all the mod-cons... like Sat-Nav.

Its a pretty poor show of Holden to be honest! I'll just use my phone like my mates in their 10yo cars do, lol

JHP Sat-Nav = $1447 HA! not a chance

Last edited:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
images

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
I Love my just bought 2013 SS VF with its new fancy dash, nice seats etc.... but no fricken Sat-Nav... WTF?! My fathers Mazda3 has bloody GPS

Why did Holden not include something as basic as GPS on a $35k+ SS?! ..... And is there any update/ mod to fix this?

Thanks!

At the end of the day, you have the base model of the V8 Commodore range. If you take a look at the base model of the Mazda 3 range you will find that it too doesnt have GPS.
The 2014 released Storm costs a few hundred more in purchase price new but includes GPS...

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
At the end of the day, you have the base model of the V8 Commodore range. If you take a look at the base model of the Mazda 3 range you will find that it too doesnt have GPS.
The 2014 released Storm costs a few hundred more in purchase price new but includes GPS...
There's an even better way to look at it, for MrMagoo.

Upper-spec models are essentially rip-offs, the cost to the manufacturer of the extras installed is considerably less than the extra they charge.
So those of us who're fools & bought a Redline have partially-subsidised those who've bought an SS.
MrMagoo, you've got an absolute bargain, even if you need to use a $300 aftermarket SatNav which will never be out of date & which can be easily replaced if it stops working (unlike an inbuilt one ...). :)

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
No i didnt. When i buy a new model car that has big LCD screen you assume it has all the mod-cons... like Sat-Nav.

Its a pretty poor show of Holden to be honest! I'll just use my phone like my mates in their 10yo cars do, lol

have you asked holden about upgrading your gear to the satnav one ? i believe this only costs 600 odd from build probably a bit more for you, but it's worth a look.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16

Well let's be honest. You saved over 10 grand by purchasing the car used. If more people bought new ones, maybe Holden would have the margin to put more standard features in them. So in a way, you're not helping the problem and I think it's in bad taste to have a go at Holden when you didn't buy it new from them anyway. No offence that's just how I see it.

zucan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford
I paid $40 for a sat nav off the internet and it works just as good as a holden one if you keep your eye on the ebay site your will find refurbished ex warranty ones out for sale great deal

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Plus with a brand-name aftermarket SatNav you can download voices & install them when you're wife's not looking ... and watch as it takes her a few hour's worth of usage to realised that it now sounds like K.I.T.T. ... :D

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Why don't you try cashies? I bet you can pick up one for a steal !! LOL TBH you are not missing out on much , the bloody thing hasn't been updated since I bought it in July 2013, so the maps are well out of date. Use your smart phone and google maps with voice guidance, get's update on a regular basis.. or just pick up an el-cheapo GPS from JB Hi-Fi or DSE.