Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Hi, i picked up my 2015 vf redline week ago and i got the same issue under acceleration.
I took it to holden and the mechanic said this noise from exhaust and it is normal for v8 engine and i said bullshit!!
There was no noise first 3days and started to hear this rattling noise now.
It's bloody annoying!
And i went for test driving again with mechanic and also another vf redline made same noise but very intermittently.
I have no idea!!!

Shine

I have the same "pinging" noise on my VF SSV auto ute, built 05/15 bought it 3 weeks ago. It sounds like metalic tingling noises only when accelerating. Just wonder if "VEL 070" or "Sidaiyo" got the "issue" sorted? It shouldn't be the fuel problem as the engine supposes to take petrol between 91-98 RON and the sensor should adjust the "timing" accordingly.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Took the ute to the dealer workshop, the foreman took it for a drive and listened to the "tingling noise" and said that it is "normal" and apparently a few cars have the same noises and they couldn't find where it came from, told me that not to worry about it...Told him to file a report anyway just in case something breaks down...I still can't believe thos noises are "normal".

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Sent an email to Holden's Customer Cares today, asking them why I should put up with this annoying tingling noises while many other new VF SSVs don't have such noises...The answer from the local Holden workshop just unacceptable.

moemoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
hey guys. Im looking to buy a 2014 or 2015 SV6 VF. i heard the previous models (VE) had this problem where you would be driving and the engine would just turn off. a friend of mine had this happen to him 4 times in 3 years. does anyone know if this is still the case in VF ?? do any current owners have any mechanical issues with this car after they bought it brand new ?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
That isn't necessarily "the car" per se, our now-20yo VS V6 did that when we first got it 10 years ago, although the cause was only found because it started getting more frequent.
Took a local dealer quite a while to find, it was just a crank-angle sensor. It's apparently a symptom of when the crank-angle sensor has something wrong with it, but it's not the most common symptom & also wasn't being logged in the ECU - they had to have a PC hooked-up to it when it actually stalled in order to diagnose.
Mobs like Delco churn out a billionty sensors a year, there's going to be something wrong with a new one eventually.
The problem with moemoe's mates car could have even been a dealer not wanting to spend the time trying to work out the problem?

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
That's a new one. Didn't even know it was a common issue with VE's..

Agree. Have never heard of that as a specific problem on VE/ VF. Did have a friend with a relatively new Kia that used to stop all the time. Dealers, mechanics etc could never figure it out and he had to get rid of it at significant loss.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
So, can anyone explain this for me please?

My Redline just came back from service and has had a Mylink update.
The car used to auto lock when gear was selected ie: when driving, but would not auto-lock when it is parked.

Now, it is auto locking on park as well and I don't want it to.
I cant figure out the setting to change it or perhaps the update they installed no longer allows it.

Any ideas?

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
My non updated one is set to auto lock shortly after engine off/in park and drivers door opened and closed. That option is no longer there in the update? I don't set it to auto lock when driving.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Unfortunately when they update the mylink all your configured settings are lost. It would appear that there is no method of saving the settings and then upload them back or maybe the dealers are just too lazy to do it. Also the update takes a long time.