Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Do the manual cars have AFM?
I had a vague recollection, which is likely to be inaccurate, that I'd read somewhere about the embiggening of power/torque to 270kW/530Nm had also included removal of AFM?

stoke_em

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8Z Monaro and VF SSVR Ute
I had a vague recollection, which is likely to be inaccurate, that I'd read somewhere about the embiggening of power/torque to 270kW/530Nm had also included removal of AFM?

All the running gear is there for AFM, just not enabled.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
thanks "Scruba" for the comments, mine is an auto..for 2 cents' worth, I still think it is something to do with "pinging" therefore the timming is out of sync..as the V8 can take any petrol between 91-98, there must be a sensor to detect the different petrol and adjust the timming accordingly. So probably a faulty sensor and/or the timming needs to be reprogrammed, just have to find a way to tell the workshop mechanic and not to offend him/her..

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
not sure if its been reported yet...
I have a 2014 sv6 sedan(auto) and the missus just come home in it complaining that it felt like the park brake was on.
I goto the back wheel to feel the disc and it was red hot way too hot for a 5 minute drive, I jump in and sure enough the park brake is on... no light on dash but its locked on.
I press the park brake button down to release it and it wont release so I pull the button up to engage it and then try and release it again and it decides it wants to work this time.

i am taking it into the dealer in the morning they can fix it, but a heads up if you think the park brake is on in your vf it very well might be, try and engage then release it to see if it changes.

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline

Yes they do. It's a common component of the engine at build whether or not the vehicle is mated to an Auto or Manual.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Updates on "pinging" noises which the dealer workshop strongly denied, as usual, if it is not showing as an error code then nothing is wrong. Other than that everything is running "normal". I did find out they filled the tank with 91 petrol on delivery, so I shall fill it with 91 next time to see if it makes any difference, mean time just have to drive it with the windows closed. One other minor annoying feature is the display can't show digital speed, trip recorder and instant fuel economy at the same time, my previous Falcon ute does that.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Update on "pinging" noises. Perhaps I should say "matallic clicking noises" as Holden strongly denied anything wrong with the ute. Holden Customer Cares just called saying it is normal to have such noises and nothing wrong with it. The guy from Holden must have repeated hundred of time saying it is "normal" and nothing further could be done. At the end I told him that if owners aren't happy with the vehicles, then Holden needs to "investigate" the matter further, not point keep saying it is "normal"...No doubt Holden wil not do anything from now on, I will have to accept that my ute comes with a group of rattle snakes having a party under it.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
I shall give it a try to use the mobile phone to record the noise, see how it goes as I can't even upload photos. Hard to teach old dog new tricks..