Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF horn wiring loom

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Hi Tazzi,
Are you able to supply a wiring loom for the VFII to install a second horn?
The VFI high spec models have two horns but Holden cheaped out for the VFII.
The horn is installed on the drivers side of the car behind the front bumper, i did intend to make up my own loom but if you have all the correct connectors for a plug and play solution, i would be interested.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I fitted a set of triple aitr horns in behind the bumper in addition to the exiting horns. Needed to add a relay but works great.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Thanks voodoo, I don't want to go down that path. I already have high and low Hz genuine horns, just want to make it sound like a commodore not a barina.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Thanks voodoo, I don't want to go down that path. I already have high and low Hz genuine horns, just want to make it sound like a commodore not a barina.
Ill bring up some wiring diagrams and take a look into it. I imagine it would be plug and play with the correct loom. But.. knowing Holden, theres also some sort of weird twist!

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Ill bring up some wiring diagrams and take a look into it. I imagine it would be plug and play with the correct loom. But.. knowing Holden, theres also some sort of weird twist!

Awesome, thanks.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Hi Tazzi, any luck with this?

roteron

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I did this conversion. Got the whole loom segement and horns from the front radiator support of a VF1. It stretches from the LH horn, all the way around to the fuse box on the RH side...it picks up varous sensors, airbag accelerometers, temp sensors, fan controller, etc etc on its way to the fuse box, where you replace the whole plug...no wiring mods needed at all. You dont need anything other than some patience, swapping each plug as you lay it around, and you can make it look like it came that way from the factory. You'll have to loosen off the bumper skin and let it hang down to get access though, particularly to screw on the new LH horn...dont foget to get the nut from the donor also for the LH bracket, the horn brackets should be left on the donor loom along with the horns. Also, it may pay to get a few of those cable tie chassis clips...some of them will break taking them off the donor car. No more embarrassing horn...

Last edited: