Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF HSV Radiator - same as VF v8?

vs355x

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf
As per the title - I assume they are the same radiator, but cant find anything online showing or referring to part numbers. For a 2015 Maloo - auto (not LSA)

Have a small leak at the bottom passenger side - without removing, it appears to be either right at the bottom of the core, or where the core meets the tank.
Am thinking of going the Adrad replacement - genuine so far appears very expensive, and i dont trust the really cheap sub $200 ones.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Trip or call to the old Holden dealer after work today my friend. Please post back what you found out.

Goodness, if somehow we could get a naughty version of the Holden HSV EPC..

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Am thinking of going the Adrad replacement - genuine so far appears very expensive, and i dont trust the really cheap sub $200 ones.

honestly, just call adrad as they should know what their product suits

Sales Enquiries: 1800 882 043

QLD Branch (Richlands)​

QLD Branch Photo

15 Fulcrum Street
RICHLANDS QLD 4077

QLD Branch (Molendinar)​

QLD Branch Photo

4 Barnett Place
MOLENDINAR QLD 4214

QLD Branch (Ashmore)​

QLD Branch Photo

Unit 1/26 Expo Court
ASHMORE QLD 4214

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
There was a posted video of the HSV build process on some thread which could be enlightening.

From memory the LSA’s have major work done to their cooling systems. Other variants may simply have a trans cooler installed so I guess for those variants it’s the same rad as in Holden’s.

Part numbers aren’t always a great indicator, as for example, you’d peel a ford parts sticker off and find a Mazda parts sticker underneath but with a different number. Whether that’s the case between HSV and Holden I don’t know…

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Common Holden part numbers in HSV will use the GM part number but unique HSV parts have their own HSV style part number.

red_vxr

Reaction score
Members Ride
(don't have a commodore lel)
I would assume not because the GEN-F HSV models are all supercharged, with the exception of the Clubsport which didn't get the LSA until the GEN-F2 facelift in mid 2015. The LSA makes much more power than any V8 in the normal VF Commodore lineup so i'd say no, they're not the same.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I would assume not because the GEN-F HSV models are all supercharged, with the exception of the Clubsport which didn't get the LSA until the GEN-F2 facelift in mid 2015. The LSA makes much more power than any V8 in the normal VF Commodore lineup so i'd say no, they're not the same.
As an aside ... in Gen-F it was only the GTS which was LSA, so there are a lot more LS3 Gen-F's than LSA ones.

vs355x

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf
As mentioned at the start - non LSA, so I assumed they would be the same ls3 to ls3 - but it seems VE2 onward is all the same (no ida about lsa version)
So - same part, ended up with a genuine one, a holden dealer had one on 'clearance' through ebay, so was essentially the same price as the adrad one.
Arrived and fitted up today - both the original and replacement had GM moulded into the bottom tank - original was 'made in australia', where the replacement had a Denso mould in that place.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
As mentioned at the start - non LSA, so I assumed they would be the same ls3 to ls3 - but it seems VE2 onward is all the same (no ida about lsa version)
So - same part, ended up with a genuine one, a holden dealer had one on 'clearance' through ebay, so was essentially the same price as the adrad one.
Arrived and fitted up today - both the original and replacement had GM moulded into the bottom tank - original was 'made in australia', where the replacement had a Denso mould in that place.
I recall the radiators were made in South Africa?