Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF II leak above transmission - not thermostat or heater hoses

AwD88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6 Sportswagon
Hey all,

I got (water?) dripping from a black plug above the transmission (pictured). It’s a bit further back from where the thermostat is so think it might be something seperate (i just replaced thermostat). Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this before. what it is and how to fix?

-Aaron

Attachments

• IMG_1375.jpeg
    IMG_1375.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 41

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Hey all,

I got (water?) dripping from a black plug above the transmission (pictured). It’s a bit further back from where the thermostat is so think it might be something seperate (i just replaced thermostat). Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this before. what it is and how to fix?

-Aaron
Pretty sure that's the AC condenser drain area. If its clear liquid that's not oily, its just water condensation

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Probably water and nothing to worry about.

Though it’s a bit cold in Rosebud this time of the year so not likely to be getting large amounts of condensation from the ac evaporator draining out… some, yeah but not lots…

But if it’s clear fluid with a little greenish oily stuff in it, who knows for certain, but it’s probably water, pag oil and ac leak dye mix. If that’s the case it’s best to look at the spill with a black light and get your ac tested.

AwD88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6 Sportswagon
Pretty sure that's the AC condenser drain area. If its clear liquid that's not oily, its just water condensation
Thank you! That makes sense. I’ve just never noticed it dripping that much.
Probably water and nothing to worry about.

Though it’s a bit cold in Rosebud this time of the year so not likely to be getting large amounts of condensation from the ac evaporator draining out… some, yeah but not lots…

But if it’s clear fluid with a little greenish oily stuff in it, who knows for certain, but it’s probably water, pag oil and ac leak dye mix. If that’s the case it’s best to look at the spill with a black light and get your ac tested.
Yeah might be worth getting it looked at. It seems a bit more than usual.

Thanks for the replies

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
thats the patented gm transmission cooling system, its normal so dont stress.
when it stops dripping out of that spot that is when you want to worry.