Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF II SS cabin air filter

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
It does if you install it correctly. I have installed many over the few years and it does fit where the mesh filter sits.
Yeah, thanks. Holden dealer fitted mine originally...I guess they need factory training on how to fit an air filter?
What I meant was, mine doesn't seal correctly. Not these filters in general. It's had a kink in it since I first checked it for replacement
I certianly won't pay $80+ for another one. Monstars idea seems a better and cheaper solution.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Regarding ease and frequency of HEPA filter replacement, forget the fluted paper crap. That’s expensive, clunky and ineffective.
Whether in the sub tropics, desert, garaged or high country there is no argument. Like wearing (sharing) same filthy paper respiratory mask all through flu season coz GM spec. Think about it, paper through Holden service costs 10x more than professional HVAC installer grade antibacterial media. Makes sense to use pro media more often for less money.
Take a look at 3-6 months driving with a proper filter working to keep out diesel particulates and soot in bushfire season, pollen and pollutants blown on westerlies at Ekka time. Paper is not just ineffective but easily becomes a mouldy fungus ridden health risk.
Then take a look at the flow specs for hospital clean room grade tackified fibreglass microbial filter media.
If you spend a decent amount of time in the confines of the cabin and are serious about indoor air quality and your health, FFS stop pfaffing around with the paper cartridge.

If you're that concerned about air quality, I'm assuming you wear this stuff over your mouth when out of the car too?

I think for most of us, the paper pollen filter would probably suffice :)

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
If you're that concerned about air quality, I'm assuming you wear this stuff over your mouth when out of the car too?

I think for most of us, the paper pollen filter would probably suffice :)
Touché. Hairnet, goggles, two condoms and nitrile gloves, I am meticulous ;)

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Touché. Hairnet, goggles, two condoms and nitrile gloves, I am meticulous ;)

Like changing out the cabin recirculation filters on a Boeing 737. Full 'Biohazard' job...
Sperm suit, hood, gloves, booties, goggles and a respirator.
The Boeing filters are the same material as the Holden cabin filters.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Like changing out the cabin recirculation filters on a Boeing 737. Full 'Biohazard' job...
Sperm suit, hood, gloves, booties, goggles and a respirator.
The Boeing filters are the same material as the Holden cabin filters.
I wear a sperm suit, hairnet etc, when fiddling with my bump stick too:
View media item 277Frustrating :rolleyes:, I find it difficult to align my thrust pin properly on the nipple wearing a glove, baby:oops:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
That boy needs therapy. :eek:

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I wear a sperm suit, hairnet etc, when fiddling with my bump stick too:
View media item 277Frustrating :rolleyes:, I find it difficult to align my thrust pin properly on the nipple wearing a glove, baby:oops:

Nothing like a good stick shaker...not to mention flaps..

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Yeah, thanks. Holden dealer fitted mine originally...I guess they need factory training on how to fit an air filter?
What I meant was, mine doesn't seal correctly. Not these filters in general. It's had a kink in it since I first checked it for replacement
I certianly won't pay $80+ for another one. Monstars idea seems a better and cheaper solution.
They should sit without kinks in the filter. Don't pay $80, get one yourself and fit it. Easy job.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
pic.png

new cabin filter vs used cabin filter 2 years old.