Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF II SS cabin air filter

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
The car used by autoinstruct is a VE, so can see the confusion as they state VF in the heading.

VF plenum cover changed from VE and yes, the standard shape pollen filter is a little more difficult to fit in the VF plenum.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
I just changed my pollen filter over today on my series 2 redline and it certainly isn't as easy as the above guide.

it is a slightly different set up and unless I was doing something wrong, getting the mesh filter out was a real pain in the backside (and arm). There isn't a lot of space to work with and the plastic cover did scratch my arm a bit when reaching in.

Getting the pollen filter in was easy enough though since it was a bit more flexible.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I just changed my pollen filter over today on my series 2 redline and it certainly isn't as easy as the above guide.

it is a slightly different set up and unless I was doing something wrong, getting the mesh filter out was a real pain in the backside (and arm). There isn't a lot of space to work with and the plastic cover did scratch my arm a bit when reaching in.

Getting the pollen filter in was easy enough though since it was a bit more flexible.
A video would be good, I read a few descriptions of the new setup but watching a clip of the airbox devouring your arm and few expletives would be appreciated o_O

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute

I used a long nose pliers to pull the "fly mesh" out (there is a little nob on the fly mesh). It will be easier to change the pollen filter next time and the scratches on hands will be long healed by then.:D

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I used a long nose pliers to pull the "fly mesh" out (there is a little nob on the fly mesh). It will be easier to change the pollen filter next time and the scratches on hands will be long healed by then.:D

I did the same...

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
I did the same...

yeah, I ended up using some as well but the damage to my arm had already been done.

the other thought I had was to wear a long sleeve shirt.

Maybe I just did it the hard way and there is a simpler way?

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
yeah, I ended up using some as well but the damage to my arm had already been done.

There might be an easier way and I'd like to hear about how others have changed the filter. I did it the more involved long way by removing the cover so I could see what I was doing.

IMG_1015.jpg

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS

Official install instructions call for removal of the whole top section...
I would not bother...
It's tight...but once you do it once it's fine...

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Hey guys, changed mine again today after twelve months. Must say I was a bit shocked how dirty the old one was, I live in the outer suburbs and rarely drive through noticeabley dusty/dirty environments. I’d rather it on the filter than in the car though I suppose!

Of course there was also the obligatory loss of one scrivet down into the depths of the engine bay somewhere...

Attachments

• 12CAFDFA-1580-4EF2-BB50-26912F6D5375.jpeg
    12CAFDFA-1580-4EF2-BB50-26912F6D5375.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I bought 2 x twin packs from Alan Mance Holden ebay store (and 10x oil filters), best price around. My cabin filter has 40,000kms on it now, I may pop it out at the 12 month mark and see what it looks like.