Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF II SSV Stereo upgrade

Jax9476

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS-V Redline
Hi, was wondering if anyone has had any joy upgrading their mylink system. I've looked at an Alpine 9" halo head unit, which was nice, but didn't want to commit till i'd seen any other options.
Can anyone recommend any car stereo shops/installers south of the river

Thanks

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I have this unit , its not bad , but as ive mentioned in other threads there is a few functions that are missing such as the side traffic alerts in parking mode ,obviously your going to lose the hud speed limits because you wont have factory maps . I'm not sure about bi-model settings because I have an after market system with remote activated bi-models but I would imagine it does . Just keep in mind that most of the functions are controlled by the Aerpro facia kit and not the head unit itself . The Kenwood system is another good one but has a smaller screen . Having Android/carplay far out ways anything that you might lose .

EDIT: Autobarn sell these units so you could probably tee up an installer there . The instal isn't easy if you want to put a pocket below like I did. The guys I bought my Kenwood system are in Perth , they seem quite competent , there called Universalfuze

EDIT AGAIN : @TazzI 's option might be the best when he gets it sorted , which is the first link VS 5.0 gave you .

20190801_174250.jpg

Last edited: