Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Infotainment System

lovedores

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina International Wagon 2010 Series II 3.0l
Hi, I have a 2010 VE Berlina International Sports Wagon and was curious if a later model (prob. VF) infotainment system with android auto and Apple Car Play could be fitted/swapped out to my 2010 model as above.
I would appreciate any knowledge anyone may be able to provide.
Cheers,
Lovedores

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
VF systems dont have carplay or android auto. Some shops have made kits to change out the Series 1 VE head units to Series 2. I know Series 2 added bluetooth but I dont know about USB? Otherwise it’ll be most likely aftermarket

lovedores

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF systems dont have carplay or android auto. Some shops have made kits to change out the Series 1 VE head units to Series 2. I know Series 2 added bluetooth but I dont know about USB? Otherwise it’ll be most likely aftermarket

Thx Z31na, I have a link to a GM you tube vid showing how to do it, it's probably the 2018 model?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Pretty much... no.
You would probably need to make a patch loom for the wiring and then come up with a way to mount the screen, base unit and button module which would all require some custom modification to the dash.

here is a picture of the 3 parts that are needed for the vf system
vfinfot.jpg

also that video you linked mate is not the vf

Last edited:

lovedores

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pretty much... no.
You would probably need to make a patch loom for the wiring and then come up with a way to mount the screen, base unit and button module which would all require some custom modification to the dash.

here is a picture of the 3 parts that are needed for the vf system
vfinfot.jpg

also that video you linked mate is not the vf
I see this is more drama than what would be achieved, many thanks for the info it's much appreciated. I've now got a fault where all my stored CD's are gone. Just before they disappeared I only got a few seconds of loop from CD 1 on track one.
Maybe time for a replacement stereo?

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I see this is more drama than what would be achieved, many thanks for the info it's much appreciated. I've now got a fault where all my stored CD's are gone. Just before they disappeared I only got a few seconds of loop from CD 1 on track one.
Maybe time for a replacement stereo?
look at envyous customs VE upgrades

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
At this point, the best option is still the Sony, Alpine etc headunits with car play etc.

To fit to a S2, requires to change the trim panels to a S1 configuration and fit the double din CarPlay units with Alpine HVAC control unit.

I use both. We have a S1 with an S2 IQ and a VZ with CarPlay. The usability of the VZ far surpasses that of the VE IQ on s2.

We are quickly learning to avoid the Kayhan units that have recently come onto the market.