Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Intake Air Baffle missing?

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
I love the hand gesturing in the OP photos...

Just needed a Jackie Chan meme

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
I assume the additional piping (like the HSV bimodal intake) was to the left headlight and not the right headlight assembly which is missing a baffle?

Interestingly nothing is shown in the Chevy SS parts view, only left side air baffle is shown (#9).
0a6b7e42b377ae7d28d008b9002baea6.png
b
The only induction of air on our VE
comes from behind the bottom of
the passengers side h/light.
As l've read the thread so far the basis is replicated on the drivers side (minus the baffling). Surely grabbing the cool air from both sides would be advantageous?

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The only induction of air on our VE
comes from behind the bottom of
the passengers side h/light.
As l've read the thread so far the basis is replicated on the drivers side (minus the baffling). Surely grabbing the cool air from both sides would be advantageous?
Such would require some piping to get the cool air from the right headlight to the left side and then up into the airbox. It would be a difficult crouded path possibly past the warn radiator airstream which does away with teh idea of cool air.

In any case, if indeed Holden were too cheap to put a $0.60 baffle agains the right headlight to stop air bypassing the radiator core, then i'd guess they wouldn't bother with any such plumbing to grab more potentially cool air from the right side of the vehicle :p

hypeAF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec 5L; HSV Gen-F2 Senator
I've had it confirmed from Mitch from switchback lighting that there should be a baffle on the drivers side as well and that my car is missing the part...........

He doesn't know the part number, and it's a pain in the arse to pull the bumper off to check (obviously). So does anyone know of a drawing/schematic or parts breakdown of the VF so that I can find the part number??

Usually when you have the part number it's easy enough to be able to buy one, but man, getting hold of the part number in the first place is so annoying..... Any help/advice would be awesome :)

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I've had it confirmed from Mitch from switchback lighting that there should be a baffle on the drivers side as well and that my car is missing the part...........

He doesn't know the part number, and it's a pain in the arse to pull the bumper off to check (obviously). So does anyone know of a drawing/schematic or parts breakdown of the VF so that I can find the part number??

Usually when you have the part number it's easy enough to be able to buy one, but man, getting hold of the part number in the first place is so annoying..... Any help/advice would be awesome :)

Call your local Holden service centre....