Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Key Badge

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
If you have a CEL remote start wont work either.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
That doesn't sound right.
You shouldn't be able to remotely start the car with a door unlocked.
. . . . . Unless you want to get it stolen!

Remote starting it with a door unlocked would put the vehicle in a state that is classed as "tempting theft" and in that state it is illegal to be more than 3 meters from it.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Isn’t this why the car will re-unlock any door it senses is still open. After the horn points out to all the Police in your local lockdown area that your about to leave your 10km area.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Isn’t this why the car will re-unlock any door it senses is still open. After the horn points out to all the Police in your local lockdown area that your about to leave your 10km area.
Oh, that horn has various other uses too … it’s for when you’re trying to quietly leave the house at 3am, for when the baby’s juuust gotten to sleep at 10pm after 8hrs of crying and you’ve got to duck out quickly to get some of the baby-powder to replace the stuff the 3yo emptied all over the carpet, when you arrive home from that trip & you recall how the pleasant elderly neighbours go to bed (and their bedroom is next to the car-port) at 9pm, etc etc etc …

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Ypu can turn the horn off in mylink on lock & unlock.
The one thing that I hate though that I wish you could turn off is when I walk out of the car with my keys (on purpose) e.g. in the garage, driveway, working on car etc - the horn sounds rapidly.
No need for horn at any use of keys.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The remote start also will not work when there is an engine code like faulty fuel injector.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Check Original Parts Group in Victoria for the small self-adhesive Holden logo badges for remotes.

Re remote start: all doors except the driver's door should be locked before remote starting.
Enjoyed going through that website. We need to start a catalogue of parts businesses supplying Holden Parts.