Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Lights issue

Tanieka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 2015
Just wondering if anyone has come across a similar fault, and if the diagnosis sounds right.

I’ve picked up my 2015 VF SV6 from an insurance repair, consisting of a new QTR Panel, Rear Bumper respray and a new Tail Lamp replacement. After picking up the vehicle all lights are now out of wack and some are not working accordingly.

The following warnings are also appearing:

1. Check Right Dipped Beam Lamp
2. Check Right Position Lamp
3. Check Break Lights
4. Check Right Front Indicator

I have received diagnosis and the auto elecy believes that the vehicle has had a previous repair. And this is apparently evident as the wiring harness does not have genuine Holden plastic wrapping. Which is now possibly faulty/damaged resulting in a short circuit and the vehicle requires a BCM replacement. With that stated I am not experiencing any other electrical issues and the vehicle has not had any of the stated issues prior to the repair. I have also owned the vehicle for 6 yrs now and have only clocking over 100,000km if anything I would’ve expected something to go wrong sooner….

Prior to this diagnosis I have also asked if fuses were check and if any were blown. In which I was advised yes it was check and none are blown. Also apparently the panel beaters attached a scan tool and found no fault codes.

Tanieka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 2015
Take it back and get them to fix it , if its an insurance job there should be no issues , don't close the claim till its fixed
Exactly, and I did take it back to the panel beater who couldn’t diagnose. It’s currently at the Auto Electrician that they sublet too. I’m due to pick it up tomorrow and pretty much told by my insurer that the repairs won’t be covered as it’s deemed not accident or repair related. I just don’t feel comfortable with that and thinking I need a second opinion.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Exactly, and I did take it back to the panel beater who couldn’t diagnose. It’s currently at the Auto Electrician that they sublet too. I’m due to pick it up tomorrow and pretty much told by my insurer that the repairs won’t be covered as it’s deemed not accident or repair related. I just don’t feel comfortable with that and thinking I need a second opinion.
The vehicle should be repaired and returned to pre accident condition. What that means is that if there wasn’t any issue before and the BCM worked without problem, then the problems you are now having are either accident or repair related and the insurance company should fix it…

The fact that the vehicle may have had some accessories added and later removed during its life, the fact the loom isn’t wrapped in factory tape is really irrelevant. The vehicle was in fully operational and roadworthy condition, just as it should be after the crash repairs.

Be more firm with them and demand they fix what the crash stuffed up.

Tanieka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 2015
The vehicle should be repaired and returned to pre accident condition. What that means is that if there wasn’t any issue before and the BCM worked without problem, then the problems you are now having are either accident or repair related and the insurance company should fix it…

The fact that the vehicle may have had some accessories added and later removed during its life, the fact the loom isn’t wrapped in factory tape is really irrelevant. The vehicle was in fully operational and roadworthy condition, just as it should be after the crash repairs.

Be more firm with them and demand they fix what the crash stuffed up.
Thank you, they are some really good points that I will bring up.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
If the insurance company keep giving you grief escalate it to the insurance ombudsman. Quick google will look it up
All insurance company have an internal complaints process which should be used if the claims clerk and their supervisors can’t or won’t help ;)

Failing that, AFCA are the ”insurance ombudsman“ but the have issues with their dentures.