Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF LPG misfire on first start

Vorticey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk, VF
Just letting people know what i found. With LPG it seems that the spark is so close to wanting to go around rather than across the terminals, that if there is anything to enable it, it would prefer to go around. This causes a misfire on first start/ when the engine is cold at the start. It seems once the coils got to a certain age, the boots did not grab the plugs tight enough and started to let sparks go around. Replacing them with Goss diddnt last long. Also replacing the plugs then ruined the new plugs, as within one day, they had carbon tracks burnt into the porcelain from spark tracking down the side. So if i was to then replace the coils, i would have the same problem. i have now replaced them all again, with plugs and put dialectic grease on them. The first replacement were Goss and also found the height would touch the manifold and squash them about 1mm. I expect their boots were not as tight as Denso so i have now spent the extra and got Denso (original).
A picture of the carbon track from 1 day of driving which ruins the plug and tells you the boot is also stuffed. Cant replace the boot separately though.

Attachments

• 20240213_095028.jpg
    20240213_095028.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Reactions: Lex