Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF manual our automatic

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
And again, as I said in the old models there was no comparison but with the VE VF it's muchness of a muchness.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I put that profile ride up there not long after I orded the original car which was a manual but one has been traded in at our dealer but is an auto. There is still a 4 week wait on ours (all ready been 2 months) and wanted some info on the auto (cause at the moment there are none to test drive) before I made a decision on it. our last car was a VX S in auto and was gutless compared to the manual and was wondering, off people that own a ve/vf in an auto what their thoughts are.

VE/F auto is so totally different to the old VX 4 speed so don't even try to compare. I've had 2 x VE SS auto's and a manual. The auto is a world better than the old slushers and perfectly adequate for most driving. I find it a bit hesitant for performance driving although I am told you can sharpen it up with a tune quite easily.

I don't know what manual the VF runs but the 6 speed in my Senator is great although whatever you get I'd look at fitting a ripshift just to firm up the gate a bit better.

wayno01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Thanks fellas you have helped me out alot. Turtle it is a V8 and thanks for you reply, that's what I was looking for as I believe (going off older cars) that a V8 should be a manual and instantly said no when they told me it would be an auto but am now trying to get some info and do some research and I am starting to like the idea.

Blackened

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II VE SS
Thanks fellas you have helped me out alot. Turtle it is a V8 and thanks for you reply, that's what I was looking for as I believe (going off older cars) that a V8 should be a manual and instantly said no when they told me it would be an auto but am now trying to get some info and do some research and I am starting to like the idea.

You've waited 8 weeks to buy someones used trade in?

Mate wait for your 6 speed manual you won't regret it, I drive my 6S Manual ve and it's so easy even in traffic.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
C'mon, you MUST be joking. Going onto a forum to ask advice on choice of manual or automatic transmission !!! Man you need help :doh:

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
And yet that is about what each model HSV goes up by and everyone makes a big deal about it.

You probably couldn't even notice the power difference if they were in exactly the same car but it would do my head in knowing I'd pay more for an auto and got less power.

True, i never thought about the more money for less torques.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
True, i never thought about the more money for less torques.

It was the case when it were L98 vs L76 but is not now. I realise Holden still publish that but look at the rest of the rubbish on their spec page.
L77 dyno tests same auto or manual AFAIK.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
haven't driven an auto VF yet but the hunting and flaring issues with VE autos are annoying without work done. Not sure if they're fixed for VF. I'm not interested in quarter mile times - if you are, then the auto will always be quicker. Hard to beat a torquey manual for a weekend drive though, except maybe a (very) good DSG. GM autos don't cut it for me. And the TR6060 upgrade from VE1's T56 is very nice. Much cleaner shifts and less like a truck box.

Mungus

SSV364
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV Sportswagon
I must have been lucky as when mine was standard, I didn't notice any flaring or hunting as a lot of people have mentioned. I never thought I would like an auto, but was very surprised with the 6spd and wanted the AFM so went that way. I have since had mine tweaked with a tune up and if I was to trade up I would get another.

Wayno01, I agree with Blackened. If you have waited so long for your original choice of Manual, I would stick with it and not go auto just because one is available (second hand). You know what it's like when you change your mind and forever regret that decision. It was and is personal choice.