Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF manual our automatic

Blackened

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II VE SS
I must have been lucky as when mine was standard, I didn't notice any flaring or hunting as a lot of people have mentioned. I never thought I would like an auto, but was very surprised with the 6spd and wanted the AFM so went that way. I have since had mine tweaked with a tune up and if I was to trade up I would get another.

Wayno01, I agree with Blackened. If you have waited so long for your original choice of Manual, I would stick with it and not go auto just because one is available (second hand). You know what it's like when you change your mind and forever regret that decision. It was and is personal choice.

You'll regret it hugely mate.

Weekend driving a manual is amazing auto is boring. 1/4 mile who cares about that ****? I honestly find that the most boring driving look at me I can get my car down the strip in 9.8 seconds well I can get mine down in 9.75 seconds.

A manual is for a real driver, an auto is for a grandad.

wayno01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Went and finally had a test drive of the auto. I liked it, it was really nice to drive but needless to say the manual will be sitting in my driveway by next weekend. Thanks for the input guys, i really appreciate it.

Mungus

SSV364
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV Sportswagon
After all that I'm glad you decided to stick with your original decision and not become a granddaddy unreal driver. Enjoy Wayno!

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
+1 for choosing what you originally wanted. Congrats with the new VF mate

I_LOVE_VF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Ute
I bought the auto for the remote start. I too was a manual only guy but after driving the VF auto I was pleasantly surprised.

In the end you have to test drive them and see for yourself.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
I've got an auto SS (had no choice really, needed the tow rating) and it has pleasantly surprised me. I came out of an FG XR6T with the ZF automatic- so I'm used to having a good auto. This VF auto still isn't quite as capable as a ZF but it's not far off. I like how it blips the throttle when shifting in the tiptronic gate- nice touch and something that a ZF can't do. The one small gripe is that it takes a small moment to get down to a low gear when cruising (say, from 6th to 2nd). It's not a slow box by any means, but it just can't skip gears like the ZF I had used to (ie, the ZF can go from 4th to 2nd in one change). But that's the only gripe. The programming is excellent, it's on par with the ZF for shift quality and tiptronic reaction time. So big thumbs up from me, Holden finally have a good auto.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Careful!

You'll regret it hugely mate.

Weekend driving a manual is amazing auto is boring. 1/4 mile who cares about that ****? I honestly find that the most boring driving look at me I can get my car down the strip in 9.8 seconds well I can get mine down in 9.75 seconds.

A manual is for a real driver, an auto is for a grandad.

Careful. My oldest grandson is 21, and I still drive a manual.