Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Memory Seat Issue??

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Hi guys,
I have a 2013 MY14 CalaisV that I bought new and it has just ticked over 101,260 km and over the last two weeks I have noticed that you can't change the memory seat position once you have driven off from the stationary position.
It's really only the last couple of weeks that I have been sliding the seat backwards before I exit the car, then I normally get in, start it and press the number 1 position that I normally use. The seat then slides into position and away I go. The thing is I do quite a few country K's and sometimes like to change my seating position on account of a bad back and I have noticed that I can't select a different position until I stop the car, turn it off and start it again.
Can someone with memory seats please try theirs and let me know if it does the same? Preferably someone who has had a recent service or someone who has recently purchased a new model.
I am thinking that their may have been a software update at the 95K service and I just did not notice.
I know I used to be able to change positions whilst I was driving.
Thanks.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
So, bit of an update after 450k's on the road today.
When driving if I press and hold one of the other seat memory positions, the seat will move accordingly.
Strange as when I press and release before I move off after starting the car, the seat moves into position.
I would still like to hear from other forum members to determine if this seat memory behaviour is normal.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
yes I think it is

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Thanks Anthony

blackvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Walkinshaw
Yes I've always had to press and hold.

Ratsack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V sporteagon v8
I just purchased my VF Calais. I too suffer from a bad back after x6 op's
I found I could move the seat while driving. I didn't try to store the new position but I could change it while driving.

I hope this helps you

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
Yes same, have to push and hold memory button to move seat position, same as my vz adventra was.